The institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth (BV) was accorded deemed university status in 1996 for its academic excellence. The Bharati Vidyapeeth University (BVU)
- has established academic excellence and offers programmes in innovative and emerging areas,
- presently has 29 constituent institutions, including three research institutes dedicated exclusively to research,
- is multi-campus and multi-disciplinary and is catering to the needs of Urban and Rural students,
- has significant achievements in research,
- has world-class infrastructure and facilities, launched several innovative academic programmes, best teaching-learning processes and has entered into national, as well as, international collaborations.
Bharati Vidyapeeth University as an educational organisation has committed itself to:
- make available quality education in different areas of knowledge to the students as per their choices and inclinations
- create an ambience with enriched infrastructure and academic facilities in its campuses conducive for academic pursuits
- bring education within the reach of rural and girl students by providing them substantive fee concessions and subsidised hostel and mess facilities
- nurture students not only to be competent professionals but also responsible citizens and noble minded human beings
- world-class medical education with super-specialty hospitals and services at affordable cost
The functioning of all the constituent units of BVU is designed and geared up towards the fulfillment of these commitments.