Bishop Heber College (BHC), Tiruchirappalli was established in 1864 as Heber Memorial School and and in 1882 it became a First Grade College. It was then known as S.P.G College. It was the first college to be established in Tiruchirappalli. The College came to be known as Bishop Heber College in the late 1920's. It is a religious minority educational institution established by the Tiruchirappalli - Thanjavur Diocese of the Church of South India.
Its main objective is to cater for the higher educational needs of the members of the Church of South India and other Christians and specially to provide for them an educational atmosphere in keeping with the Christian ideals of the Church. The College, however, admits students of all faiths and religions and seeks to provide for them the best possible higher education.
Facilities at Bishop Heber College -
- Audio-Visual Hall
- Parking Lots
Faculties at Bishop Heber College -
- Faculty for Arts
- Faculty for Science
Academic Life at Bishop Heber College -
The College now offers thirteen under-graduate, eighteen post-graduate and four post-graduate diploma programs and three diploma programs of study besides research programs leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D. The College started offering programs in the Self-Financing stream from the year 1985.
|Name||:||Bishop Heber College|
|Location||:||Post Box No. 615
|Contact No||:||0431 - 2770136/2770158/2772345|