University of Nordland was established as university on 2011 and was previously known as Bodo Regional University. The universities main aim is to evolve UIN into an even stronger centre for higher education and research, both nationally and regionally by providing 600 staff and 5700 students in the learning, experience and research work.
University of Nordland has achieved four accredited doctoral programmes where all the four doctoral education programmes are directly related to society's needs for employees with doctoral qualifications.
University of Nordland’s main campus is located at Morkved was established in 1985, east of Bodø's city centre. UIN also has campuses in Mo i Rana and in Stokmarknes. The Morkved campus provides cutting-edge technology with recreational facilities to the students as well as the international students.
Mo i Rana campus – is localized in the city centre of Mo i Rana in the south of Nordland fylke which offers undergraduate degrees in nursing and business studies.
Stokmarknes campus - offers practical training for full -time nursing students and also offers decentralized Bachelor degrees in Nursing, primary school teacher education and social worker education, as well as Bachelor in Business Administration.
Why choose University of Nordland?
- They provide high quality learning environment with modern facilities
- They provide international community with study abroad facility
- Their campus is at close proximity to Bodo city center with communication and transport facility
- They provide introductory services to students such as student organizations, student housing etc
- Sports facilities
- Computer labs
- Food services
- Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Professional Studies
School of Business
The university campus career services offers various services for the students like resumes and cover letters, interview tips and mock interviews, on-campus job fairs, identifying job opportunities and identifying career positions.