Bournemouth University (BU) established in 1992, is a comprehensive research university. They are proud of their traditions and accomplishments and excited by their potential. Their academic, business and student services are geared to the professions and supported by a passionate commitment to high-quality academic endeavour and achievement.
Their programs are designed and delivered to give their graduates every opportunity to pursue employment and career enhancement and they also consistently achieve high rates of graduate-level employment. They have a strong reputation for offering a range of opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate education, research and enterprise.
Campus of Bournemouth University –
The Bournemouth University has two campuses, namely Talbot Campus and Lansdowne Campus.
- Talbot Campus is located on Wallisdown Road approximately two miles from the centre of Bournemouth. This campus is home to the majority of their academic Schools, the Sports Hall and the Student Village.
- Lansdowne Campus is based near the Lansdowne area of Bournemouth´s town centre. This campus houses their School of Health and Social Care and serves as the centre of postgraduate study for the Business School.
Why Choose Bournemouth University?
- They have one of the highest graduate employability rates in the UK. 90.1% of all 2009 Bournemouth University first degree graduates were in employment or undertaking further study within six months of completing their studies with us (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2009/10).
- In 2011, they were awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education for world-leading excellence and pioneering development in computer animation.
- Their research offering is amongst the best in the country. In the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), eight out of 10 areas assessed featured research that was adjudged to be ‘world leading’ and BU was the fourth most improved university in the UK for the quality of its research.
Facilities at Bournemouth University –
- Cafes and refectories
- Dylan's and The Loft bars
- Sports Centre
- Learning Resource Centre
Schools at Bournemouth University –
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Health and Social Care
- School of Tourism
- The Graduate School
- The Business School
- The School of Design, Engineering & Computing
- The Media School