University of Cambridge was established in 1209, is a public research university. The university is rich in history - its famous Colleges and University buildings attract visitors from all over the world. But the University's museums and collections also hold many treasures which give an exciting insight into some of the scholarly activities, both past and present, of the University's academics and students. The University of Cambridge is one of the world's oldest universities and leading academic centers and a self-governed community of scholars.
Its reputation for outstanding academic achievement is known world-wide and reflects the intellectual achievement of its students, as well as the world-class original research carried out by the staff of the University and the Colleges. The mission of the University of Cambridge is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence.
Campus of University of Cambridge –
The University of Cambridge is in the middle of the greatest expansion in its history. Through the generosity of benefactors, the University has been able to create a new Science and Technology campus to the west of the city centre and is now looking to expand further to the north west of Cambridge. The arts and humanities have seen dynamic changes in their Sidgwick site location and expansion in the city centre.
Why Choose University of Cambridge?
- Cambridge has the most satisfied students in the country according to the 2011 National Student Survey.
- Cambridge guarantees most students College-owned accommodation for at least three years.
- Cambridge has over 700 student clubs and societies to choose from.
- Cambridge came top in terms of value for money in the 2011 QS World University Rankings.
- Cambridge is one of the five most targeted universities by top employers according to The Graduate Market in 2011.
Facilities at University of Cambridge –
- Cultural Events
- Financial Support
Faculties at University of Cambridge –
- Faculty of Architecture and History of Art
- Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Faculty of Classics
- Faculty of Divinity
- Faculty of English
- Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages
- Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Human, Social and Political Science
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Business and Management
- Faculty of Computer Science and Technology