Carey Baptist College, Auckland established in 1926, is a theological college of the Baptist Churches of New Zealand. The college is a learning community focused on offering the highest quality theological training to Christians wanting to explore their faith. They welcome the fact that 50% of their students come from beyond the Baptist community.
Facilities at Carey Baptist College -
Schools of Carey Baptist College -
- School of Applied Theology and Mission
- Carey Graduate School
Accreditation of Carey Baptist College -
New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) - Carey Baptist College is registered as a private training establishment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 and its subsequent amendments. Carey is accredited to teach the programmes listed in this website, all of which have been approved by NZQA (unless otherwise stated).
Associations of Carey Baptist College -
- Christian Theology and Ministries Education Society (CTMES) - CTMES is a professional body that represents the NZQA registered Theological Education providers in New Zealand.
- Independent Tertiary Institutions (ITI) - ITI represents a number of NZQA registered private tertiary education providers in New Zealand that share high quality standards, support their students’ aspirations and push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
- New Zealand Association of Theological Schools (NZATS) - This body brings together Christian agencies that offer degree-level theological education. NZATS is in turn, a chapter of the Australia and New Zealand Association of Theological Schools (ANZATS).
- South Pacific Association of Bible Colleges (SPABC) - This association, founded in 1969, links together Bible Colleges in the region for more effective ministry in the fulfilment of common goals. It is a member of ICETE (International Council for Evangelical Theological Education), a group of similar accrediting bodies from around the world.
Internships at Carey Baptist College -
Carey’s Internship programme is aimed at training reflective practitioners for Christian ministry in a local church, mission or vocational setting.
The Carey Internship Model is based on 4 Key Relationships:
- The Intern
- The Church/Organisation
- The Supervisor
- Carey Baptist College
IT Providers of Carey Baptist College -
- Intentional ministry and leadership development in a vocational setting
- Degree level study in Bible, Theology, Mission and Ministry
- Supervision and mentoring by experienced practitioners
- Support and feedback by from Carey’s Coordinator of Field Education