Central Agricultural University (CAU), Manipur was established in 1992. The University became functional with the joining of first vice-chancellor on 1993. The jurisdiction of the University extends to six north-eastern hill states viz., Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Tripura, with headquarters at Imphal in Manipur.
The mission of the University is to be a centre of excellence in teaching, research and extension education in the field of agriculture and allied sectors. The University aims to develop sustainable farming systems for improving productivity and profitability in agriculture and allied sectors and also train the farmers and extension functionaries for the effective dissemination of advanced agricultural technologies in north-east India.
The University acts as an important link in the chain for converting agriculture and allied vocations into profitable enterprises and offering food and nutritional security for the people of north-east region. To realize the above mission, University established seven colleges and three Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) in the six states of north-east India and offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in agriculture and allied sciences.
Colleges at Central Agricultural University -
- College of Agriculture, Iroisemba (CA), Imphal, Manipur
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (CVS&AH) Selesih, Aizawl, Mizoram
- College of Fisheries (CF), Lembucherra, Agartala, Tripura
- College of Horticulture and Forestry (CH&F) Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh
- College of Home Science (CHS), Tura, West Garo Hills Meghalaya
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Post-Harvest Technology (CAE&PHT), Ranipool, Gangtok, Sikkim
- College of Postgraduate Studies (CPGS), Barapani Shillong, Meghalaya
Research at Central Agricultural University -
The Director of Research is responsible for supervision and coordination of research programs in the university. The research activities under CAU aims at developing technologies which can bring about a far reaching impact on productivity and production of crops, animals and fishes through sustainable and eco-friendly technological approaches for the socio-economic development in the region. With these objectives, a number of need-based, location-specific internally-funded research programs are being carried out under Intramural Research Projects (IRP) and also externally funded research projects in all constituent colleges.
|Name||:||Central Agricultural University|