Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering (CIAE), Bhopal was established in 1976 and the institute has been approved by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi. CIAE is the nodal institute in India conducting research and development to facilitate agricultural mechanization, conserve soil and water through land development and efficient irrigation and drainage equipment, post-harvest and value addition of agro waste produce and efficient utilization of renewable and non-renewable sources of energy in agriculture, information dissemination in technology transfer through training, demonstration and prototype production and supply.
Campus of Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering -
The Institute is located at Nabibagh, about 7 km from Bhopal Railway Station and 10 km from Bhopal Air Port on Bhopal-Berasia State Highway No. 23 in the north of Bhopal at 770 24' 10'' E , 230 18' 35'' N and at elevation of 495 m above mean sea level.
Facilities at Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering -
- Research Laboratories
- Research Farm
- Research Workshop and Prototype Production Centre
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Cell
- Agricultural Research Information System (ARIS) Cell
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Cell
- Instrumentation Cell
- Guest House and Trainee's Hostel
- International Training Centre
- Agricultural Technology Information Center (ATIC)
|Name||:||Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering, Bhopal|