Central University of Himachal Pradesh is established in 2009. The Central University of Himachal Pradesh is established under the Central Universities Act 2009 enacted by the Parliament. The University is funded and regulated by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The University became functional with the assumption of charge by the first Vice Chancellor on 20th January 2010.
The Central University of Himachal Pradesh strives for Inclusive Access to Excellence in Higher Education and Research to emerge as Premier University of the Country at par with the best Universities of the World in terms of Programme Offerings, Curricular Framework, Pedagogy, Research, Publications and Integration with the World of Work. The objective of the university is to disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit. Make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, sciences and technology in its educational programs. Take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research.
Campus of Central University of Himachal Pradesh -
The Headquarter of the University is located in Dharamshala, District Kangra , Himachal Pradesh. The University will have two distinct campuses located in Dharamshala and Dehra, both the Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh, as under:
- Beas Campus: is located in Dehra, it will have such Schools/Departments/Centers.
- Dhauladhar Campus: is located in Dharamshala, it will have such Schools/ Departments/ Centers.
Facilities at Central University of Himachal Pradesh -
Schools at Central University of Himachal Pradesh -
- School of Business & Management Studies
- School of Earth & Environmental Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Fine Arts & Art Education
- School of Humanities & Languages
- School of Journalism, Mass Communication & New Media
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Mathematics, Computers & Information Sciences
- School of Physical & Material Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Management