Coimbatore Medical College (CMC), Coimbatore was established in 1966 after some leading industrial families of the city donated the required land to the Tamil Nadu state government under the Chief Minister K. Kamaraj. Coimbatore Medical College is a state government-run medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India. The college was started with an intake of 50 students. The college was affiliated to Madras University, Madras from 1966 to 1982 January. From 1982 February to June 1988 affiliation was under Bharathiyar University Coimbatore. During 1988, Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University was formed, after receiving the assent of President of India on 24th September 1987 and then onwards the affiliation of Coimbatore Medical College was under Tamilnadu Dr.MGRMedical University.
Aims and Objectives :-
- To provide international standard of tertiary medical attention in all aspects of diagnosis and management strategies.
- To maximize creation of disease – free environment along with implementation of national health programme.
- To create a medical professional with keen talent in the field of medicine.
- To adopt an assimilative state of art technology in the management strategies.
- To cultivate high standards of medical ethics and maintain the quality as medical care provided in their institution.
- To help and provide follow up and support disease surveillance and epidemiology.
- To facilitate and to provide educational support for an ecologically balanced environment and improved quality of life.
- Community lab
- Extra curricular activities
- Clinical facilities
|Name||:||Coimbatore Medical College|
|Contact No||:||0422 - 225743, 225775|
Thank you for your Interest!
[Please fill the below details to get in touch with institute]