College of Business and Economics, University of Canterbury is ranked within the world top 100 for Accounting, Economics and Finance. The College is home to New Zealand's oldest Bachelor of Commerce degree established in 1906 by Sir James Hight. It has been the choice for many distinguished New Zealanders and international alumni including New Zealand Prime Minister John Key. UC is committed in offering students the opportunity to gain an internationally recognized qualification with courses underpinned by leading-edge research in a vibrant learning environment.
The college is committed in teaching and research excellence and enjoys extensive links with leading university business schools around the world. It also has strong links with government and the local and national business community. These links present their students with a number of opportunities to carry out project work in real-world situations providing them with an insight into the world of business.
Why Choose University of Canterbury?
- The University has been committed to producing leaders for over 130 years.
- University of Canterbury has one of the most diverse and vibrant student cultures of any New Zealand university.
- University of Canterbury has seven faculties which provide wide range of programs.
- The University provides state of art infrastructure to its students and faculty.
- IT Services
- Recreation Facilities
- Health Centre
- Childcare Facilities
- Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Department of Economics and Finance
- Department of Management
Student Support –
The student support advisor is responsible for student’s first point of contact for advice and referrals on issues that affect their academic and social life at UC. Some of the areas that the student support advisor can guide them on are:
- Understanding University of Canterbury regulations and processes.
- Accessing appropriate resources around their study (e.g. extra tuition, study groups, learning skills centre, etc.
- Accessing broader University of Canterbury services such as accommodation, career advice, immigration, student clubs, etc.
- Seeking solutions to disputes.
- Developing appropriate communication skills and social networks that can assist their University of Canterbury study life.