College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Massey University was established in 1998 from a merger of the Faculty of Social Sciences and the Faculty of Humanities. In 2013, the Institute of Education was established within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, replacing the College of Education.
The study programs offered in the college focus on people: their beliefs and behavior, languages and literature, education and well-being, as well as the physical and social and environments in which they live. All the programs are taught by highly qualified academic staff that is passionate about teaching, research and people. They come from many different backgrounds and all parts of the world, but share a common goal: to make an excellent education possible for all their students. The college has a strong research tradition and profile. A diverse range of themes and research methods is well represented in the activities of staff. The college is very active in securing research income from a variety of sources.
Campuses of College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Massey University -
- Albany Campus: Albany campus is located in Auckland's North Shore. The campus gives students access to their long history of expertise in research and teaching, while enjoying state-of-the-art academic and recreational facilities.
Manawatu Campus: The Manawatu campus has two sites:
- Turitea - Renowned for its beautiful park-like setting of huge trees and attractive gardens.
- Hokowhitu - On the city side of the Manawatu River, near the lagoon.
- Wellington campus: Wellington campus is known as the creative campus which is in the heart of Wellington. Over the past few years the campus has established itself as a centre of excellence for study and research.
Facilities at College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Massey University -
- Computer Labs
- Wireless Networks
- Disability services
- Transport and Parking
Schools, Centers and Institutes at College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Massey University -
- Centre for Defense and Security Studies
- Institute of Education
- School of English and Media Studies
- School of Humanities
- School of Māori Art, Knowledge and Education
- School of People, Environment and Planning
- School of Psychology