College of Military Engineering (CME), Pune was established in 1943 as School of Military Engineering (SME) at Roorkee moved to its present location at Pune in 1948. In view of the increased responsibilities and in keeping with the higher status of the degree engineering courses being conducted by the School, it was redesignated as CME in 1951. The College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru University. The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) also recognizes the degree courses run by College of Military Engineering. It is a premier technical and tactical training institution of the Corps of Engineers encompassing the four pillars viz. Combat Engineers, Military Engineering Service, Border Roads Organization and Survey.
The College regularly participates in professional and industrial seminars and also conducts conferences, symposiums and seminars pertaining to training matters and technical subjects as also invite eminent speakers to deliver talks on subjects of military importance, general topics of interest and technical subjects.
Facilities at College of Military Engineering -
- Class Rooms
- Open Air Theatre
Faculties at College of Military Engineering -
- Faculty of Combat Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
|Name||:||College of Military Engineering|