College of Sciences, Massey University is a research-led, advancing knowledge and bringing the latest developments and technologies oriented college. The staff of the college work with governments, universities and organizations throughout the world providing thought-leadership and evidence-based findings to solve problems and add value.
Excellence is intrinsic in the research and teaching of Massey University and so the College of Sciences. The applied sciences are broadly defined as: Agriculture, Veterinary and Life Sciences, Land, Water and Environment, Industrial Innovation through Engineering and Technology, Fundamental, Natural and Mathematical Sciences. The college fosters excellence across all its science programs and the teachers nurture the expertise to explore new frontiers.
The staff of the college are helping the World Bank to strengthen the capacity to combat diseases spread from animals to humans and have a leading role in reinventing the global food safety system. They diagnose and treat all animals at Veterinary Teaching Hospital and provide research and testing services. The Innovative River Solutions Centre provides integrated solutions for the management of New Zealand’s dynamic river systems.
Campus of College of Sciences, Massey University -
- Albany Campus: Albany campus is located in Auckland's North Shore. The campus gives students access to their long history of expertise in research and teaching, while enjoying state-of-the-art academic and recreational facilities.
Manawatu Campus: The Manawatu campus has two sites:
- Turitea - Renowned for its beautiful park-like setting of huge trees and attractive gardens.
- Hokowhitu - On the city side of the Manawatu River, near the lagoon.
- Wellington campus: Wellington campus is known as the creative campus which is in the heart of Wellington. Over the past few years the campus has established itself as a centre of excellence for study and research.
Facilities at College of Sciences, Massey University -
- Computer Labs
- Wireless Networks
- Disability services
- Transport and Parking
Institutes and Schools at College of Sciences, Massey University -
- Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences
- Agriculture and Environment
- Engineering and Advanced Technology
- Fundamental Sciences
- Natural and Mathematical Sciences
- New Zealand Institute for Advanced Study