Comenius University in Bratislava was established in 1919. The university is an oldest university in Slovak Republic and it follows the tradition of the Academia Istropolitana which was established in Bratislava by, the Hungarian King, Matthias Corvinus.Comenius University’s main mission is the advancement and dissemination of knowledge and its understanding, to enhance knowledge transfer, to distinguish itself from other research centers by its autonomous statement of problems, to distinguish it from other educational institutions and to defend its academic freedom and autonomy.
Comenius University was renamed as the Slovak University in 1939. Comenius University comprises of 13 faculties, with around 28,000 students of which 21,000 are full time students. The university admits around more than 1,900 students from almost 80 countries to study at CU, where the students can choose from a rich range of several hundreds of courses offered at university.
Comenius University’s main objectives are:
- to sustain and develop its identity as a research and teaching institution of the highest international quality
- to provide an outstanding educational environment, supporting study across a broad range of academic disciplines
- to produce graduates not only with high personal and professional achievement but also with high human qualities
- to enhance the scientific and cultural vision of society as well as its economic well-being
- IT center
- Center for continuing education
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sports
- Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics
- Faculty of Roman Catholic Theology
- Faculty of Evangelical Theology
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences
The university campus career services offers various services for the students like resumes and cover letters, interview tips and mock interviews, on-campus job fairs, identifying job opportunities and identifying career positions.