D.M College of Science was established in 1975 with the bifurcation of the parent Dhanamanjuri College (estd.1946) that continued to flourish and enjoy the national status, a rare and enviable honour achieved by a degree college in the North East India. As the history goes by, the D.M. College was established after a protracted but a determined effort since about 1939-40 on the part of a group of local enthusiasts with vision and strong desire, love and zeal for imparting higher and quality education in their own State.
Notable among them was Maharani Dhanamanjuri Devi who generously donated a substantial amount of Rupees Ten thousand and also persuaded Maharaja Churachand Singh ,KCSI, CBE, to patronize the establishment of such an institution, the first of its kinds in the state. The name of the college as Dhanamanjuri College was rightly given after the Maharani in recognition of the valuable service rendered by her. In 1981, it was affiliated to Manipur University.
* This information has been collected from
or by contacting the institute on phone. Trade Marks belong to the respective owners. If you are an official representative of the institute and wish to modify this information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org The listing was last modified on 07/07/2014