Shibpur Dinabundhoo Institution College (SDBI (C)), Howrah was established in 1948. It is one of the pioneer colleges embracing a vast hinterland of urban and semi-urban areas of Howrah district. The college has consolidated its position as one of the leading institutions of the district, imparting undergraduate learning in driver’s areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Bio and Pure Sciences and Commerce. The College is affiliated to the University of Calcutta and accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
Campus of Shibpur Dinabundhoo Institution (College) –
The College is situated in the southern part of Howrah Municipal Corporation Area on the west bank of the river Hoogly, very close to vidyasagar Setu and on a major arterial road in the city, viz., the Grant Trank Road.
Why Choose Shibpur Dinabundhoo Institution (College)?
- The college offers degree courses in Arts, Science, Commerce streams.
- The College runs in three shifts under a single management.
- Morning section are provided exclusively for girls and offers only general courses.
- Day section is co-educational and offers both honours and general courses in arts, science and commerce.
- Evening section is for boys and offers only Commerce (honours & general).
- The College offers self-financing job-oriented courses.
Departments at Shibpur Dinabundhoo Institution (College) –
- Department of Bengali
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History
|Name||:||Shibpur Dinabundhoo Institution College, Howrah|
|Location||:||412/1, G.T. Road, South Shibpur
|Contact No||:||033 - 2688 - 0496|