Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra was established in 1927.It is originally known as Agra University. In 2006 it was renamed as Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University. During last eighty three years the University has endeavored to keep adopting these high ideas and has established rich traditions and evolved respect from the intellectual community. University has sincerely served the cause of higher education in northern India.
The goal of the University is to innovate in the field of education and to become a centre of excellence both nationally and internationally. The University is not only confined to impart quality education but also to satisfy the burning desire of the students who are exploring the creative intellect and learning attitude of the students. The University is making every effort to fulfill the spirit of University motto "Tamso Ma Jyotirgamay" moving from darkness to light.
Facilities at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University –
- Placement cell
- Class rooms
- Guest House
- Career Guidance
Academic life at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University-
The University now caters to the educational need of the seven districts of Agra Division Agra, Aligarh, Mainpuri, Hathras, Firozabad, Etah and Mathura At present university has approx 200 affiliated colleges and 15 residential Institutes spread out in its four residential campus viz. Paliwal Park, Khandari Campus, Civil Lines Campus and Chhaleshar Campus.
University extended over United Provinces of Agra, Central India and Rajputana with 14 affiliated colleges and 2530 students of which, 1475 students belonged to United Provinces. Initially, there were only four faculties in the University viz. Arts, Sciences, Commerce and Law. Faculties of Medicine (1936), Agriculture (1938), Home Science (1980), Basic Sciences (1981), Fine Arts (1982) and Management (1994) were added subsequently.
Institutes at B.R. Ambedkar University-
- Institute of Social Sciences
- Institute of Home Science
- Institute of Basic Science
- S.P.C.J. Institute of Commerce, Business Management & Economics
- Dau Dayal Institute of Vocational Education
- Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute of Rural Development
- School of Life Sciences
- Lalit Kala Sansthan (Institute of Fine Arts)
- Institute of Computer and Information Science
- Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management
Departments at B.R. Ambedkar University-
- Department of Library Information Science
- Department of History
- Department of Adult and Continuing Education & Extension
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Contemporary Social Studies & Law
|Name||:||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University|
|Contact No||:||0562-2858468, 2858669|
Thank you for your Interest!
[Please fill the below details to get in touch with institute]