Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalay (DHSGV), Sagar was established in 1946. It was formerly known as University of Saugor. The university has been accredited with an ‘A’ grade by the NAAC recognized by UGC. This is the 18th University of India and the oldest and the biggest University of Madhya Pradesh. It has 36 teaching departments 9 faculties and 175 affiliated colleges covering 6 revenue districts of M.P. In 2009 the University is declared as a Central as a central university.
The vision is to attain peaks of excellence in the dissemination of knowledge and learning with a view to develop global competencies and contribute to national development by generating trained manpower, the mission is to achieve overall educational social , economical and cultural upliftment of under-privileged people of rural and background area. It will promote value based and job oriented education together with highest quality of learning and research in a technologically enabled environment with regional, national and global perspectives.
Campus of Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalay -
The University is situated 5 Km. east of Sagar city and its campus covers an area of 1312.89 acres over Pathatiya Hills connected to the Vindhya Range, surrounded by rush green forests( about 100 acres) within its campus and has effectively contributed to the maintenance and preservation of ecosystem and its biodiversity. It is one of the finest picturesque campuses in India.
Facilities at Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalay -
- Play ground
- Heath centers
Schools at Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalay -
- School of Applied Sciences (SAS)
- School of Arts and Information Sciences (AIS)
- School of Biological & Chemical Sciences (BCS)
- School of Commerce and Management (SCM)
- School of Educational Studies (SES)
- School of Engineering and Technology (EAT)
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- School of Languages (SOL)
- School of Law (SAL)
- School of Planning and Resource Generation
- School of Research and Development
- School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences (MPS)
|Name||:||Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya|