Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT), Hawke’s Bay Campus was established in 1975 as Hawke’s Bay Community College. In 1987 the Hawke’s Bay Community College was renamed as ‘Hawke’s Bay Polytechnic’. In 1996 again the name was changed to ‘Eastern Institute of Technology’. Throughout the development of the Institute, program offerings have been continually developed to meet the needs of the region and now include in excess of 90 programs ranging from foundation to degree and post-graduate level.
The Eastern Institute of Technology is now regarded by the Ministry of Education as one of the exemplar tertiary education providers in New Zealand. EIT programs combine practical skills with a sound theory base. Many can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis so there is increasing opportunities to earn while learn. Open entry courses enable people who don’t have academic qualifications or don’t feel ready for a higher level of study, an introductory pathway in achieving a fulfilling career.
Why Choose Eastern Institute of Technology?
- With superbly designed buildings creating a supportive learning environment, EIT can claim one of the most beautiful tertiary campuses in New Zealand.
- Providing spaces that are attractive, exciting and special in order to diffuse the levels of stress involved in the learning process, has been an important feature of campus design.
- The boldness of shape and color together with the landscaped, park-like grounds help students perform to their best ability.
- Leading-edge technology is used in the lecture theatres for the benefit of the students.
Facilities at Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT), Hawke’s Bay Campus –
- Health Centre
- Disability Services
- Childcare Facilities
- Transport Services
Faculties at Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT), Hawke’s Bay Campus –
- Faculty of Applied Science, Business and Computing
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities, Arts and Trades
- Faculty of Maori Studies – Te Manga Maori
Student Services at Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT), Hawke’s Bay Campus –
The Eastern Institute of Technology offers a wide range of support services to enable students to make the most of their tertiary study opportunities. They offer an ongoing careers counseling service, a learning skills centre for individual and group assistance, a disability liaison service provides a comprehensive range of services to ensure students have equal study opportunities.