University of Tubingen established in 1477, is a public German university located in the city of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg. The Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen is one of Europe’s oldest universities. Several hundred years of history in the sciences and humanities have been written here. Currently the university enrolls around 22,000 students every year. There are 17 hospitals in Tübingen which are affiliated with the university's faculty of medicine.
The university was ranked 152nd in 2011 QS World University Rankings in the world, making it the 7th highest ranked university in Germany. The University has partnerships with 180 educational institutions in 45 countries, particularly in North America, Asia and Latin America, as well as with all the countries in Europe. Some 15 percent of students in Tübingen come from abroad, and many of the University’s German students pursue part of their studies in another country.
Campus of University of Tubingen –
The University of Tubingen campus is spread throughout the town. The university uses several numbers of buildings in the old town of Tübingen. Today, these are mainly used by smaller humanities departments, as they are adjacent castle, Schloss Hohentübingen. In 1970s a new campus was built for the sciences at Morgenstelle, on a hill north of the historic centre of Tübingen.
Why Choose University of Tubingen?
- 7 Faculties:Protestant Theology, Catholic Theology, Law, Medicine, Sciences, Humanities, Economics and Social Sciences
- Approximately 26,000 students, 12,000 employees (including University hospitals), 450 professors, 4000 other academic staff.
- A Graduate School, an Excellence Cluster and the University’s Institutional Strategy: success in all three funding lines of the German government’s Excellence Initiative in 2012. Tübingen becomes one of Germany’s Universities of Excellence.
- More than 284 Courses are available for Bachelor, Master, Diploma, Magister, Staatsexamen and PhD degrees. Hundreds of combinations are possible.
Faculties at University of Tubingen –
- Faculty of Protestant Theology
- Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science