For Admissions, Colleges & Courses
About Eternal University
Over a hundred year ago in 1906, His Holiness Sant Attar Singh Ji Mastuane Wale had shared his Divine Vision with his spiritual follower Sant Teja Singh Ji MA, LLB, AM (Harvard) about a sacred place in the Himalayan region of erstwhile Nahan State (now known as Baru Sahib ) where many sages and seers had meditated on the Divine Name . The place was also blessed by Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, during his visit to Nahan State. Sant Attar Singh Ji had desired that the place should be established as Spiritual Centre for the educational institutions imparting Value-Based Education combined with modern scientific education on the pattern of old Gurukuls like Nalanda and Taxila Universities of the past. As ordained, Sant Teja Singh Ji revealed the Divine Valley Baru Sahib in 1956 to his spiritual disciple Baba Iqbal Singh Ji and later purchased the entire Baru village of 460 acres from Thakur Joginder Singh, the owner of the land. Sant Teja Singh Ji visited Baru Sahib in 1959 at the age of 82 along with has many highly educated devotees. During his second visit to Baru Sahib a small mud structure Gurudwara with a verandah was constructed and Shri Guru Granth Sahib was ensconced. During the prayer he prophesied that with the will of God this place would turn into a great spiritual center from where schools, colleges and a divine University will impart Value-Based Education from Nursery class up to the Ph.D. level. Sant Teja Singh Ji established a trust in 1965 with his six devotees. It was registered as "The Kalgidharh Trust" on October 22, 1982 by Baba Iqbal Singh ji, the then Director Agriculture, Himachal Pradesh, to promote World Peace Through Spiritual and Value-Based Education and Universal Brotherhood. To further the cause of The Kalgidhar Trust, the first Akal Academy was established at Baru Sahib in 1986 and the outstanding model has been translated to network of more than 130 Akal Academies and two Universities, the Eternal University, Baru Sahib and Akal University at Talwandi Sabo, Bathinda, Punjab.
Eternal University, Baru Sahib was established under the Himachal Pradesh Government Act No. 3 of 2009 to impart Values-Based Education in the subjects of Arts, Sciences, Nursing, Engineering and Technology, Agriculture, Divine Music, Education and Public Health etc. The Eternal University is a world class multi-faculty University with six colleges spread over 8,00,000 square feet in the picturesque Valley of Divine Peace. The university is developing outstanding Engineers, Scientists, Administrators, Teachers and Global Citizens with high moral values to act as messengers of Eternal Peace and Universal Brotherhood.
Why Eternal University is the Apex Choice
- Sprawling Campus in the Divine Valley
- Unique Model of Value Based Education
- Safe and Secure Environment for Student Fraternity
- Drug, Ragging and Pollution-Free Environment
- Scholarships to Meritorious UG Students
- About 50% Tuition Fee Waiver to PG Students Undertaking Quality Research and Teaching
- MoUs with the Leading Foreign and National Universities & Institutions
- Unique University - Industry Partnership Education Programme
- Opportunity to Earn While You Learn Programme
- Fully Residential Campus for Students, Staff and Faculty
- Eco-friendly, Vegetarian, Nutritious and Hygienic Food
- Promoting Sustainable Rural Development
- Empowerment of Weaker Sections of Society, especially Women
- Distinguished Guest Faculty from Reputed Universities
- Excellent Placement Network with MNCs and Kalgidhar Trust Institutions
- Well Equipped Gym, Indoor and Outdoor Sports activities
- Books, E-journals and Round the Clock Wi-Fi internet
- ATM, SBI, Post-Office and General Store at the Campus
The Candidates should fill the admission form given in the prospectus or may also download the form from the University web site: www.eternaluniversity.edu.in Candidates who have downloaded the form from the website should send it duly filled along with a D.D of Rs.1000/-in favour of Eternal University, Baru Sahib, payable at State Bank of India, Baru Sahib. Candidates who have purchased the prospectus and taken the form need not attach DD. Admission form along with all the Undertakings and affidavits duly filled in, signed and attested by the appropriate authority are required to be sent to the Registrar, Eternal University, Baru Sahib, Via Rajgarh, Distt. Sirmour- 173101 (H.P.)
- Admissions to B. Tech, M. Tech and MBA courses can be taken only through valid score of JEE (Main) National level test such as CMAT or State level Common Entrance Examinations, respectively.
- HP Technical University is also conducting an entrance examination (to be notified shortly for admission to B.Tech, M. Tech, MBA).
- Admissions to PhD courses can be taken only on the basis of entrance test examination to be conducted by the Eternal University.
- Scholarship: SC/ST/OBC etc. eligible students shall submit their scholarship forms for processing, for the academic year by February each year.
- Undergraduate and Add-On Courses programmes are only for girls; where as both boys and girls are admitted to the postgraduate programmes
Eternal University has automated library with 60 computers and 250 students seating capacity. It has acquired more than 25000 books of National and International authors on shelves besides access to curriculum based videos and web courses through NPTEL and MIT course wares and also there are more than 300 CD's/DVD's on different subjects.
Eternal University also subscribes 54 National and International technical Journals, Magazines, Periodicals along with National and Regional Dailies to keep the students abreast with the latest developments around the globe.
Library is fully Wi-Fi connected with INTERNET at all nodes of the library for access to educational resources during all the working hours of the Library.
Eternal University is a fully Residential University, all students of the University have to stay in the hostel inside the University Campus. The students are required to follow the discipline and norms as laid down by the University Management from time to time. It should be clearly understood that smoking and the use of drugs / intoxicants is strictly prohibited inside the campus. Parents are advised to inform the University authorities about any chronic disease or ailment from which their wards have suffered in the past (or are suffering now) and the medicines/treatment taken earlier or being taken now.
Separate facility exists for boys and girls within the university campus
Hostel rooms are large and maximum of three students are allowed to stay per room. Each students is provided with a separate bed, cupboard, a table and a chair.
In addition to normal water, the students are provided hot water facility during winter time.
Common rooms with TV and 14 portals of internet have been provided on each floor of the hostel.
Separate mess facilities are provided for boys and girls.
High standards for food preparation and cleanliness are maintained at all times. Proper discipline is ensured in the hostel. Separate wardens are provided for boys and girls' in the hostel.
Separate lab facilities like Computer Lab, Communication Lab, Social Science Lab are provided with up to date software and hardware to the students .
Health Care Center
There is a 120 bed charitable hospital in the university campus, that caters to medical and nursing requirements on the campus with availability of 24*7 ambulance
The Campus is Wi-Fi enabled. Students can access the web 24*7 in the campus and hostels
Electricity & Water Facilites
Round the clock electricity facility exists for boys and girls within the university campus. In addition to normal cold water facility for use in summer hot water facility (geysers in bathroom for girls hostel) has been provided.
Sports is an important component of any education system. Eternal University takes keen interest in providing facilities, arranging regular games and organising sports competitions efforts are made to involve every students in sports. Campus provides various games and sports under expert coaches in Football, Table- Tennis, Badminton, Chess, Yoga etc.
- Indoor Games , Outdoor Games
Eternal University has a fully equipped gym with hi-tech equipments for use of its students and members of staff under the guidance of a trained instructor. Students are encouraged to make full use after a strenuous day.
The magnificent spiritual centre at Baru Sahib is visited by the devotees from all over the world for peace of mind & spiritual rejuvenation. Students are exposed to the practice of Simran (Meditation) and rendition of prayers. Each hostel has an interfaith hall where each student has the liberty to perform prayers suiting to his/her own faith.
- General & Wellness Store
- Bank & ATM
- Post Office
International and National Collaborations
- John Hopkins University, Medical School, Baltimore, MD
- Wayne State University, College of Engineering, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Drexel University College of Nursing & Applied Sciences, Philadelphia, USA
- University of British Columbia, Department of Human Nutrition, Vancouver BC, Canada
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, USA
- University of California, Riverside and San Diego, USA
- Panjab University, Chandigarh, UT
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar, Uttarakhand
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, Punjab
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorke
- I.H.B.T. (CSIR) Palampur, Himachal Pradesh
- National Physical Laboratory, Pusa, New Delhi
- NIT Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute(NABI), Mohali, Punjab
- NRCPB, IARI, Pusa, New Delhi
- Punjab Biotechnology Incubator, Mohali, Punjab
- Gujrat Institute of Solar Energy, Gandhi Nagar
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh
- CSK Himachal Pradesh Agriculture University, Palampur
Training and Placement Cell
The Training and Placement Cell of Eternal University handles all aspects of placements for the graduating students of all programmes. Right from contacting companies to managing all logistics of arranging for tests, pre-placement talks and conducting final interviews, the Training and Placement Cell officials and volunteers provide their apex possible assistance to the recruiters and students.
T&P Cell ensures the multifaceted development of students through diversified training modules e.g. workshops for enhancing the communication skills, group discussion techniques and written test which are the screening methods used by the organizations in present scenario.
To develop a strong bond between industry and students, the T&P Cell arranges guest lectures from industry experts, onsite trainings, Industrial visits, Projects and other Industry-Institute interaction activities for coming up to the expectations of both.
|Name||:||Eternal University, Sirmour|
|Location||:||Baru Sahib, Via Rajgarh
|Contact No||:||09816640660, 09816400624,09805098724, 09805098726, 09816441158,01799-276012|
|Contact Email||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|