Faculty of Medicine, University of Otago was established in 1877. The Faculty of Medicine will have a central role in the New Zealand health care system through the provision of excellent undergraduate and postgraduate education in medicine and the biomedical sciences, through the expertise of its staff and through the maintenance of high clinical standards in its teaching hospitals and practices.
The Faculty and its Schools will provide educational programs which will prepare graduates to meet the diverse health needs of New Zealand people. The staff and students of the Faculty of Medicine will contribute to knowledge and understanding in the health sciences and will promote health through high quality basic and applied research.
Campus of Faculty of Medicine, University of Otago -
The University's main campus is located in Dunedin. The Dunedin campus is located close to the city centre and is surrounded by student housing. The vast majority of courses are offered here, including the only dental school in the country.
Why Choose Faculty of Medicine?
- Achieving research excellence
- Achieving excellence in research informed teaching
- Ensuring outstanding campus environments and student experience
- Contributing to the national good and to international progress
- Strengthening external engagement
- Building and sustaining capacity
Facilities at Faculty of Medicine, University of Otago -
- Dining Services
- Recreation Services
Schools and Departments at Faculty of Medicine, University of Otago -
- University of Otago, Christchurch School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Dunedin School of Medicine
- Otago School of Medical Sciences
- University of Otago, Wellington School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Student Life at Faculty of Medicine, University of Otago -
UniCol is famous for its extensive social and activity calendar. The students' executive and the University College staff organize a varied program of social events during the year, beginning with a packed calendar during orientation week. Themed parties, the annual ski trip, the UniCol Ball and sporting and cultural interchanges with other colleges all feature on the University College yearly calendar.