Friedrich Schiller University (FSU), Jena was established in 1558, with 21,000 students scattered over 10 diverse faculties. Students of either university or university of applied sciences make 1 quarter of the inhabitants of Jena. Approximately 340 professors and 6,400 members of staff work at university and university hospital, the latter of which keeps developing into one of the most modern hospitals in Germany.
The university puts emphasis on intensely taking care of its students, and works on creating a "Students' Paradise in Jena. The wide range of opportunities for studying at Thuringia's only classical university shapes its appearance as well as its attitude: to act without limits interdisciplinary and internationally. Therefore, a clear research profile has been established and will be further developed.
Why Choose Friedrich Schiller University of Jena?
- Currently approx. 21,000 students are studying at the "Friedrich Schiller University", which is full of tradition. Among them are about 1,600 international students from all over the world.
- A broad spectrum of study courses, excellent research and teaching and a large network from students and lecturers lure even more people to study in Jena.
- The city seems to be a large campus and one always meets fellow students, lecturers or friends. That does not only constitute the special atmosphere of the student city, but it makes Jena also an ideal place for studying, researching and living.
- Research Facility
- Medical Services
- Multimedia Center
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
- Faculty of Chemistry and Earth Sciences
- Faculty of Biology and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Medicine