Government College of Nursing (GCN), Kottayam was established in 1982 as the third Government College of Nursing in Kerala. The first batch of 25 students were admitted on 1983. Since the physical facilities at Kottayam were inadequate,College functioned at College of Nursing, Trivandrum from January 1983 to November 1985. In 1984 when Mahatma Gandhi University came into existence, the College was affliated to MG university. In November 1989, the College was shifted to kottayam with three batches of students and started functioning at the old administrative block of Medical College.The student strength was enhanced from 25 to 50 from 1994 admission onwards. The new building for the college was inaugurated on 1997 by Shri A.C Shanmughadas the Honourable Minister for Health and Family Welfare.
- The main aim of Govt. College of Nursing, Kottayam is to render Quality Nursing Education.
- Prepare Professional Nurses who will provide comprehensive health care to public with commitment & compassion.
- Develop Professional nurses who will render service in different levels of Health care delivery system.
- Enhance the Professional Growth of Nursing through continued Research Process.
- Mould student as an individual, citizen and as a perspective member of the profession in order to uphold the dignity of the Profession.
- Maintain the dignity & standard of the Nursing Profession.
- Class room
- Faculty room
- Examination hall
- Nutrition lab
- AV aids room
- Counseling room
- Conference room
- Computer Lab
- Community Health Lab
- Medical College Hospital
|Name||:||Government College of Nursing|
|Contact No||:||0481 - 2598469, 0938777804|
Thank you for your Interest!
[Please fill the below details to get in touch with institute]