Government Engineering College, Bilaspur established in 1964, is one of the most renowned technical institutes having good potential to provide the quality education and infrastructural facility. Various industry in Bilaspur and surrounding have always been availing research and development facility and required academic support to new graduate trainees for their needs from the institute. These industries are also giving the institute a unique advantage of industry-institute interaction in various disciplines of engineering.
The institute is situated in the vicinity of S.E.C.L.’s head office, famous Hasdev Bango Dam N.T.P.C.-Seepat,Aluminum Plant-Balco,Nova iron and Steel, A.C.C.Lafarge,Prakash Sponge Iron,Madhya Bharat Paper Mill,Kanoi Paper Mill,Grasim Cement,L&T cement etc. the city of Bilaspur isa main junction of hawrah-Mumbai rail line of South Estarn Central railway.
Campus of Government Engineering College -
This institute is located on Korba road amidst the peaceful, lush green and natural region of Koni village occupying an area of 179 acres of land.
Facilities at Government Engineering College –
- Sports Facilities
- Residential Facilities
Departments at Government Engineering College –
- Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Department of Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechnical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mining Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
Scholarship at Government Engineering College –
Some of the Scholarships are available in the institution are:
- Post Metric Scholarship of Govt. of India (for SC/ST students)-Rs.330 P.M. for day scholar and Rs.740 P.M. for hostler students. Other backward classes’ day scholars are getting Rs. 100 P.M.
- M.C.M. Scholarship - granted with Rs. 125 P.M. to the students.
- Fee Waivers scholarship- on the basis of annual income of guardian and C.G. PET merit.
- Alumni Award for 1st year topper and alumni award for 2nd year (all branches)
Placements at Government Engineering College –
The training and placement cell is working since 1986. Campus interviews for engineers from different nationalized industries and all the three wings of military were also been organized. Special attention has been paid for SC/ST students. Summer and winter vocational training are regularly organized for various engineering streams. Students of Bilaspur Engineering College are spreading the name of college in state and at national level. Students are not only skilled excellent in technical areas but also are good managers.
|Name||:||Government Engineering College, Bilaspur|
|Contact No||:||07752 - 260289|