Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Government Medical College, Jammu was established in 1973 at a temporary building (Barracks), as an undergraduate institution with an aim to train sixty five medical students for MBBS course per year and to serve as referral hospital for Jammu province. It is the premier institution for delivery of health care in this region and craters he patients from whole of Jammu region, parts of Kashmir valley and adjoining areas of neighbouring states of Punjab and Himachal Pradesh. There are 800 doctors including faculty and residents, 1000 nurses including supervisory staff, 1500 class III & IV employees working in the college and various hospitals.Three blocks i.e. R.S. Pura, Kot-Bhalwal and Dansal are also affiliated to Medical College, Jammu for training of undergraduate students of the college.
Facilities at Government Medical College, Jammu –
- Clinical Laboratory
- Lecture Halls
- Residential Quarters
- Sports & Recreation Facilities
Departments at Government Medical College, Jammu –
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Opthalmology
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Radiation Oncology
|Name||:||Government Medical College|
|State||:||Jammu and Kashmir|