Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-A) established in 1999 as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. The institute was conferred the "Deemed University" status by Govt. of India in 2000. The Institute thus became empowered to have a perpetual seal and award degrees subsequent to the conduct of its own examinations.
The Institute has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in Information Technology (IT) and related areas. This will enable the country to exploit efficiently emerging opportunities, and meet economic challenges being thrown up by the rapid global IT revolution, which is influencing virtually every area of development and social activity.
The mission of IIIT, Allahabad is to be a unique and world class nucleating "Apex Center of Excellence" in the area of Information Technology and Allied Sciences, so as to enhance India's Technological strength in IT and for become a pace-setting institution for other similar institutes to be established in the future. It has been ranked 8th after the seven IIT's. The most important fact to be considered is that IIIT-A is the youngest institute to be included in India Today's top 10 ranking.
Campus of IIT- Allahabad -
The IIIT-A's beautiful 100 acre campus, situated at Deoghat, Jhalwa, designed meticulously on the Penrose Geometry pattern.The total covered area is about 25,000 sq. ft.There is an open space of 50,000 sq. ft. that is used for parking, lawns and sporting activities.The Jhalwa campus includes two Computer Centers with six labs each, 16 lecture halls, electronic library, and a residential campus.
Facilities in IIT- Allahabad -
- Class rooms
- Health services
- Banks & ATM
- Student activity center
- Technical societies
IIT- Allahabad Entrance Exams -
Following are the entrance exam accepted at IIT- Allahabad :-
- IIT-JEE Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Entrance Examination is an Entrance Exam conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for admission to Bachelor’s degree in a number of engineering, technological and scientific disciplines.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to various science and technology post-graduate programs.
- JMET (Joint Management Entrance Test ) seeks admission to the Post-Graduate Programs in Management .
JAM (Joint Admission Test to M.Sc.) is the admission test conducted by IITs for Master of Science and other post-B.Sc. programs.
Placement at IIT-Allahabad -
The placement website for IIITA, India's first premier institute of excellence in IT and allied sciences established by MHRD, Government of India.The top recruiters are Accenture, Amdocos, Bharat Electronics, Cpegemini, Commvault, Cisco, Directi, D.E.SHAW, EMC2, GCI, Hughes System, Google, IBM, Infosys, Keane and many more.
|Name||:||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIT A)|