Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore established in 1909 as a 'Research Institute' or 'University of Research' by Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc Bangalore) is a unique institute concerned with research in frontier areas and education in current technologically important areas. It came into existence with the combined endeavors of Tatas, the Government of India, and the Government of Maharaja of Mysore. The University Grants Commission, which was established in 1956, granted IIS Bangalore the status of deemed University.
IISc has been ranked No. 1 in an article titled "Ranking of Indian engineering and technological institutes for their research performance during 1999–2008" that was recently published in the journal Current Science. Worldwide, the institute falls among the top 400 according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
The institute has rank within 76-100 according to Academic Ranking of World Universities in Chemistry - 2010 and Academic Ranking of World Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences - 2010.Excerpt from BBC news reads as "IISc, which is not an university but a research institute is ranked higher than IITs in research in India".
Campus of IISC, Bangalore -
The Institute occupies nearly 400 acres of prime land, generously donated by the Maharaja of Mysore. IISc campus is located in North Bangalore about 4 kilometers from the city's main railway station and bus stand on the way to Yeshwantpur. The campus houses more than 40 departments.Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST), is also housed in the campus.
Facilities in IISC, Bangalore -
- IT Services
- Cryogenic Facilities
Divisions at IISC, Bangalore -
- Division of Biological Sciences
- Division of Chemical Sciences
- Division of Electrical Sciences
- Division of Interdisciplinary Research
- Division of Mechanical Sciences
- Division of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
IISc, Bangalore Entrance Exam -
Following are the entrance exam accepted at IISC, Bangalore:-
- For under graduate BS program KVPY-SA, KVPY-SB, KVPY-SX, IIT-JEE , AIEEE and AIPMT
- For Research (Ph D/ M Sc (Engg) CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; UGC-NET for JRF; DBT JRF; ICMR JRF; or JEST ; or NBHM 2012; or IISc Entrance Test ; or GATE.
- For External Registration Program (Ph D only) IISC Entrance exam ,CSIR-UGC NET for JRF,UGC-NET for JRF, DBT JRF,ICMR JRF, GATE,NBHM.
- For Intergrated PH. D programs IISC Entrance exam is accepted.
- For Master of Management GATE and CAT score is accepted.
- For Master of Design (M Des) in Product Design & Engineering GATE and CEED scores is accepted.
- For Master of Engineering ( ME ) and Master of Technology (M Tech) valid GATE score only is accepted.
- IISc Entrance Test is conducted in Atmospheric Sciences, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Ecological Sciences, Mathematics, Management Studies, and Materials Science subjects
Placements in IISc, Bangalore -
The Centre for Scientific and Industrial Consultancy (CSIC) and the Society for Innovation and Development (SID) promote collaborative interactions with industry, while the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) provides an opportunity for working scientists and engineers to enrich themselves academically.
Recruiters at IISc, Bangalore
|Name||:||Indian Institute of Science, (IISc), Bangalore|