Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT-D) established in 1961, is one of the premier engineering institutes of India. IIT Delhi is one of the seven IITs created as centres of excellence for higher training, research and development in science, engineering and technology in India. The Institute offers instructions in engineering and applied sciences at a level comparable to the very best in the world.
At that time it was known as College of Engineering. The institute was later declared an Institution of National Importance under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 1963 and was rechristened as Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. IIT Delhi has been accorded the status of a deemed university with powers to decide its own academic policy, to conduct its own examinations and to award its own degrees.
The Institute contribute to India and the world through excellence in scientific and technical education and research, it serve as a valuable resource for industry and society and remain a source of pride for all Indians. The aim of the Institute is to generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs.
Campus of IIT, Delhi -
IIT Delhi campus is situated at Hauz Khas in South Delhi, which is a landmark place in the colourful and chequered history of Delhi. The campus of the Institute extends to an area of 320 acres. With many topographical features, imaginatively laid out with picturesque landscape, numerous buildings of various nature and stature, and clean and wide roads, the campus presents a spectacle of harmony in architecture and natural beauty.
Why Choose Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi?
- IIT Delhi provides science-based Engineering education with a view to produce quality engineer-scientists.
- The quality of students coming in is, without doubt, the best in the world- drilled in the sciences and problem-solving, the successful candidates are, by default, gifted, dedicated, hard working and blessed with analytical ability.
- IIT Delhi draws on a reserve of extraordinary talent as a by-product of its selective, stringent and consequently, amazingly successful Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for admissions to all the UG programs.
- IITD has a very vibrant extra-curricular culture with various boards and committees organizing an entire spectrum of events catering to varied interests and hobbies and also serving as avenues to achieve recognition.
Facilities at IIT, Delhi -
- Staff club
- Shopping center
- Post office
- Telecom Center
- Community Center
- Playing fields
- Squash Courts
- Seminar Rooms
- Music Rooms
Schools at IIT, Delhi -
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Information Technology
- School of Telecommunication Technology and Management
Departments at IIT, Delhi-
- Department of Applied Mechanics
- Department of Biochemical
- Department of Chemical
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electrical
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Management
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical
- Department of Physics
- Department of Textile
Following are the entrance exam accepted at IIT- Delhi -
- IIT-JEE Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Entrance Examination is an entrance exam conducted by indian institute of technology for admission to Bachelor’s degree in a number of engineering, technological and scientific disciplines.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to various science and technology post-graduate programs.
- JAM (Joint Admission Test to M.Sc.) is the admission test conducted by IITs for Master of Science and other post-B.Sc. programs.
- For MBA Admission CAT scores is accepted.
- JMET (Joint Management Entrance Test) seeks admission to the Post-Graduate Programs in Management.
Academic Life at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi -
Placement Cell at IIT, Delhi -
The training and placement unit arranges senior executives of major industries and organizations to provide pre-placement orientation to the students prior to formal campus interviews. Some of the top recruiters are Kirloskar Brothers, KPMG,Larsen & Toubro, Lehman Brothers, LNJ Bhilwara Group, Manhattan Associates, Market Rx, Maruti Suzuki, Marvell India, McKinsey and Company, McKinsey Knowledge Center and many more.
- Additiveware International Pvt. Ltd.
- Aditya Birla Group
- CISCO Systems (India) Pvt Ltd
- Citigroup India
- Citizens Foundation for Better India
- City Innovates Pvt. Ltd.
- Clear2Pay India
- Click Labs Private Limited
- CMC Ltd
|Name||:||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT-D)|