The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur established in 1959, is one of the premier institutions established by the Government of India. The aim of the Institute is to provide meaningful education, to conduct original research of the highest standard and to provide leadership in technological innovation for the industrial growth of the country.
The Institute now has its own sprawling residential campus, about 2255 undergraduate and 1476 postgraduate students, 309 faculty and more than 900 supporting staff. The combined record of its past and present faculty and students along with the alumni spread across the world is awe-inspiring. With the path-breaking innovations in both its curriculum and research, the Institute is rapidly gaining a legendary reputation.
From its very inception, IIT Kanpur has been striving to develop itself into an institution of excellence in education and research in consonance with the contemporary and future needs of India. In meeting this challenge, the Institute has always been making special efforts to recruit talented faculty on a world-wide basis and to admit brilliant students from all over the country by a careful selection process.
Campus of IIT Kanpur -
The campus is located on GT road at Kalyanpur, about 16 km west of Kanpur city, on 1055 acres of land offered by the Government of UP. It is a residential campus offering accommodation to about 350 faculty members, about 700 support staff members, and about 4000 students. The campus has all the amenities for developing the personal, social and academic skills of the community.
Facilities at IIT Kanpur -
- Computer Centre
Departments at IIT Kanpur -
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Management
- Department of Sciences
- Department of Inter Disciplinary
Centres at IIT Kanpur -
- Advanced Centre for Material Science (ACMS)
- Advanced Centre for Electronic Systems (ACES)
- Centre for Environmental Science & Engineering
- Centre for Mechatronics
- Centre for Laser Technology
- Computer Aided Design Laboratory
- Prabhu Goel Research Centre for Computer and Internet Security
- Samtel Centre for Display Technologies
- SIDBI Innovation and Incubation Centre
IIT Kanpur Entrance Exam -
- IIT JEE is an entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for admission into Bachelor of Technology, integrated Master of Science and dual degree (B.Tech-M.Tech) programs.
- Master of Science (2 years) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, where the students with Bachelor of Science (Honours) background are chosen through an all-India examination known as JAM.
- GATE entrance exam is conducted for admission into Master of Technology programs in various specializations.
- Admission to Master of Business Administration and Master of Design programs will be made through JMET and CEED entrance exam respectively.
Placements at IIT Kanpur -
The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) is well known for its academic excellence and is often considered as the 'first stop' for a large number of industries and other organizations for recruiting undergraduate and post-graduate students.The Students Placement Office (SPO) right from contacting companies to managing all logistics of arranging for tests, pre-placement talks and conducting final interviews the SPO team provides it's best possible assistance to the recruiters. With over 2000 companies contacted each year SPO has maintained a prolific placement record among all IITs despite the recession during the past couple of years.
Top Recruiters -
- HCL Technologies Ltd
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- IBM India
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Infosys Technologies Ltd
- JP Morgan Services India Pvt Ltd
|Name||:||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur|
|Contact No||:||0512-259 0151|