About IITTMIndian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM), Gwalior is an autonomous organization of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. IITTM is one of the premier institutes in the country offering education, training, research and consultancy in sustainable management of tourism, travel and other allied sectors. It was established in 1983 and presently IITTM campuses are located at Gwalior, Bhubaneswar, Goa, Noida and Nellore. IITTM is a founder member of UN-ESCAP promoted Network of Asia-Pacific Educational and Training Institute in Tourism (APETIT). Till 2014-16 session it was offering regular two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programmes approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). From 2015-17 session onwards, looking to the demands of Indian and global tourism industry, two year full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Tourism) degree (As per the MoU with IGNT University Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India) is offering with specializations for learners to enable them to acquire the right skill set with ample flexibility to adapt to employing organization's needs. We are offering MBA (Tourism) programmes in Tourism and Travel, Tourism and Leisure, Services (Tourism), International Business (Tourism), International Business (Tourism & Logistics) and Tourism and Cargo.
Looking to the demands of Indian and global economy, the programmes offer specializations for learners to enable them to acquire the right skill set with ample flexibility to adapt to employing organization's needs.
Why The Institute?
Over the years, institute has established a distinguished identity of its own and reached at a commanding position among sectoral B-Schools in the country. With its focus in meeting the changing needs of the tourism industry, it has played a pioneering role in the propagation and professionalization of tourism education. The faculty, staff, students and the administration of the Institute contribute to the building up an organizational culture marked by team spirit, confidence, mutual respect and concern for others. The students of the regular courses and the participants of various training programmes enrich the culture of the Institute with their diverse background and experience. Some of the career Options in Tourism & its allied sectors are:
- Travel Agencies / Tour Operators
- Logistics / Cargo
- MICE / Event Management
- Airlines / Cruises / IRCTC
- Hospitality / Hotels
- Forex / Insurance / Banking
- Tourism Boards
- Tourism Promotion Officers
Message from the Director
Eligibility Criteria : : Graduation with minimum 50% (45% in case of SC/ST/PH) in any discipline. Candidates appearing in final year Graduation Examination may also apply. Candidates should have the valid score of MAT / CAT / CMAT / XAT / GMAT / ATMA or they can appear in IITTM Admission Aptitude Test (AAT) to be conducted on May 24th, 2015. Reservation for SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy layer) and physically challenged candidates will be applicable as per Govt. of India rules. Candidates appearing for the final examination of graduation are also eligible to apply, on their own risk subject to condition that they must submit the result of graduation with requisite percentage of marks by October 31, 2015.
How to apply
Candidates shall download application by visiting the institution's website www.iittm.net then click on Admission 2015-17. The completed form along with Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PH) payable to Director - IITTM payable at Gwalior, send it to:
Chairman MBA (Tourism) Admission 2015-17,
Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM),
Govindpuri, Gwalior, M.P. (India) - 474011.
Infrastructure, Fees and Facilities
IITTM has a modest fee regime. The fee is payable at the beginning of each year. All the centres have state-of the art infrastructure that supports a learning environment. You can visit the campuses to get the feel.
- All the classrooms are having the facilities of air-conditioner and are well-equipped with state of the art technology like projectors etc.
- Gwalior, Bhubaneswar and Noida campuses are having the facility of Wi - Fi around the clock.
- Gwalior campus is having auditorium, conference room, computer lab, one of the best libraries in tourism with in the country, gymnasium, canteen, hostel mess, medical facilities, playground and sports facilities with the best billiards table with in Gwalior city, PNB ATM facility, etc.
- Bhubaneswar campus is having the gym facility, conference room, computer lab, library, canteen, hostel mess, medical facilities, sports facilities etc.
- Noida campus is surrounded by the pleasant atmosphere and having gym facility, conference room, computer lab, library, canteen, hostel mess, medical facilities, sports facilities.
- Nellore campus is situated in the lap of nature near to coastal area and is it is having conference room, computer lab, library, canteen, medical facilities, sports facilities etc.
- Moreover, Gwalior, Bhubaneswar and Noida campuses offer hostel facilities to students at a very affordable price.Hostel rental vary from Rs. 5,500/-* to Rs. 7,500/-*, for a semester, depending upon the type of accommodation. This excludes the caution money deposit and electricity charges. Mess costs in the range of Rs. 3,000/-* to Rs. 3,600/-* per month.
- The fees at IITTM are nominal as it is a government institute while the details are mentioned in the Admission Bulletin 2015-17.
*Note: Fee estimates are indicative and are subject to approval of relevant authorities for the session 2015-17.
Scholarship and Free ship
Students of IITTM can avail of government scholarships offered by various agencies to students of different categories. On an average, approximately 150 students are availing benefits from these scholarships in every academic session. Besides these scholarships, IITTM offers free ship to one male and one female student from each course for the semester, that they score the highest grade (Rules of the institution applicable). The amount of the free ship will be awarded to the students of each PGDM program on the annual basis, probably on IITTMâs Foundation Day celebrated annually on 18th January.
Placements / Summer Internship
As it is government institute, all the campuses of IITTMs are having excellent placement record with handsome salary packages along with provision of summer internship. The private and public sector companies from tourism, travel, cargo, hospitality etc. are visited the campuses every year for the campus placements. With one of the pioneer institute in tourism and travel field with a strong pool of alumnus along with the Ministry of Tourism support, IITTM is carrying a brand image in the job market.
Official Facebook Pages
- IITTM Gwalior: https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-I-T-T-M-India/463015077106215
- IITTM Bhubaneswar: https://www.facebook.com/iittmbbsr
- IITTM Noida: https://www.facebook.com/pages/IITTM-DELHI-at-NOIDA/370506686399882?fref=ts
- IITTM Nellore: https://www.facebook.com/iittm.nellore.3
- IITTM Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/pub/i-i-t-t-m-india-an-org-of-ministry-of-tourism-goi/b0/938/258
- IITTM Twitter: https://twitter.com/IITTM_India
Courses Offered in Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM)
MBA (Tourism) in
- Tourism and Travel
- Tourism and Leisure
- Services (Tourism)
- International Business (Tourism)
- International Business (Tourism & Logistics)
- Tourism and Cargo.
|Name||:||Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management|
|Contact No||:||09425407607, 07205146285, 09039051004, 08871801017|