Indira Gandhi National Tribal University (IGNTU), Amarkantak was established in 2007. The university is fully funded by the Central Government through the University Grant Commission. The university caters to the tribal a long cherished dream of higher education. The jurisdiction of the university extends to the whole country. The mission of the university is to take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching learning process in inter-disciplinary studies and researches and to pay special attention to the improvement of social, educational and economic conditions and welfare of the scheduled tribes within the Union of India.
- The university provides avenues of education, especially higher education and research facilities primarily for the tribal population of India.
- It collaborates with national and international universities and organizations, especially for undertaking cultural studies and research on tribal communities.
- Formulates tribal centric development models, publish reports and monographs and organizes conferences and seminars on issues relating to tribes and to provide inputs to policy matters in different spheres.
- University takes appropriate measures for promoting the members of tribal communities capable of managing, administering and looking after their own needs by access to higher education through a university of their own.
Facilities at Indira Gandhi National Tribal University -
- Computer Center
- Cultural Activities
Faculties at Indira Gandhi National Tribal University -
- Faculty of Computronics
- Faculty of Commerce and Management
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Tribal Studies
- Faculty of Humanities and Philology
- Faculty of Education
|Name||:||Indira Gandhi National Tribal University|
|Location||:||Kapil Dhara Road, Mekal Sadan