Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University (IFNHH) is a leading provider of knowledge for food and health innovation in New Zealand. IFNHH offers integrated research and education across the entire food and health value chain. It works closely with food and health industries in New Zealand and overseas. It takes pride in its reputation as being a successful partner with industry in providing first-class science research and tertiary education.
The strength of the Institute lies in its outstanding complement of staff and students. Staff is recruited from all over the world, providing an international flavor and a refreshing degree of diversity in professional activities. The Institute has a unique ability to integrate expertise across the entire food and health value chain: from "plough to plate to lifestyle".
The Institute plays a key role in creating, maintaining and disseminating knowledge and is a source of high-class graduates, who are regarded as creative independent thinkers and problem solvers. Teaching, learning and the creation of new knowledge are fundamental to the Institute’s scholarship and excellence. An ethos of creativity permeates the Institute at all levels and is the very core of what they are.
Campus of Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University –
The Institute is spread over the three campuses of Massey University; Palmerston North, Auckland (Albany) and Wellington.
- Albany Campus: Albany campus is located in Auckland's North Shore. The campus gives students access to their long history of expertise in research and teaching, while enjoying state-of-the-art academic and recreational facilities.
Manawatu Campus: The Manawatu campus has two sites:
- Turitea - Renowned for its beautiful park-like setting of huge trees and attractive gardens.
- Hokowhitu - On the city side of the Manawatu River, near the lagoon.
- Wellington campus: Wellington campus is known as the creative campus which is in the heart of Wellington. Over the past few years the campus has established itself as a centre of excellence for study and research.
Facilities at Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University –
- Computer Labs
- Wireless Networks
- Disability services
- Transport and Parking
Research Centers at Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University –
- New Zealand Life Cycle Management Centre
- Riddet Institute
- Roof Water Research Centre
- Centre for Postharvest and Refrigeration Research
- Animal Welfare Science and Bioethics Centre
- Vitamin D Research Centre
Student Life at Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University –
Each year, about 30,000 students from over 80 countries choose Massey University to help them realize their ambitions and achieve their true potential. Their students move on to successful futures and careers in New Zealand and internationally. Massey provides an extensive range of student-centered facilities and services on all campuses and ensures an active, enriching campus life beyond the academic experience.