Institute of Rajasthan Studies, Udaipur was established in 1941, for the Restoration and Rejuvenation of cultural heritage of Rajasthan.During VIIIth Plan, under the non plan grant allocation, a small money was sanctioned to establish an archival cell in the Institute. As a result of continuous efforts of researchers the institute has excellent collection of archaeological material ranging from stone Age to Iron Age, more than 7000 manuscripts, historical documents, coins, paintings, icons and various kind of antiquities which provides firsthand information of history, technology, art, literature, society, religion economy etc. Scores of important of manuscripts have golden decoration.
A large number of illustrious scholars were associated with this institute directly or indirectly, particularly in the early stage of development. To name a few are : Dr. Suniti Kumar Chaturjya, Mahapandit Rahul Sanskrityayan, Dr. Bhagwat Saran Upadhyay, Kavi Rao Mohan Singh, Sri Nathulal Vyas, Dr. Moti lal Menaria, Dr. Purushottam Lal Menaria, Maharaj Kumar Dr. Raghuver Singh, Prof. H.D. Sankalia, Dr. K.D. Bajpai, Sri Shaubhagya Singh Shekhawat, Dr. Bholashanker Vyas and Prof. V. N. Mishra.
The year 1987 was a major turning point in the history of the Institute when it became a constituent unit of Rajasthan Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University, Udaipur. As a result of this, institute was recognized by various national and international Institutions for joint research ventures Pennsylvenai Unversity, International Research institute, Kyoto, Japan; Cambridge University; Deccan College, Archaeological Survey of India, University of New Hamphire and Lehman College, NY, USA.
- Conference Room
- Computer Center
- College Cafe