About The Institute
JEC is a place of fertile interactions....a college where people and ideas come together in new ways -illuminating turnarounds, igniting sparks that fuel new ventures, and fostering intellectual breakthroughs. The Institute is committed to advance knowledge and educate students in various branches of engineering that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
Since its inception in 2000, Jaipur Engineering College (JEC) has been known to enable students to carve a niche for themselves and develop a strong personality. Located on the serene outskirts of Jaipur on Delhi Highway, JEC provides students with state-of-the art infrastructure which helps them to attain comprehensive understanding of their chosen engineering discipline. Another unique aspect of JEC is its rich sporting culture which makes engineering even more fun. The institute is approved by AICTE and affiliated to RTU, Kota. It is a learning zone where students are taught to become men of value and not just men of success.
- Rated Best among the upcoming colleges of Rajasthan
- Outstanding Results of students in university examinations
- Well stocked computerized library with Developing Library Network (DELNET) facility and online journals like Indian National Digital Library in Science and Technology (INDEST), American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME), The IEEE/IEL Library (IEL)&Environmental Management Exchange And Resource Alliance For Local Development (EMERALD)
- Well-qualified faculty & staff members
- Use of modern teaching aids to support regular classroom teaching
- Student PC ratio 4:1
- Regular Soft Skills Training sessions to excel in GDs & PIs
- Wi-Fi Campus
To make students technologically superior& ethically strong and build them as professionals who will become the trend setters in the industry.
To be amongst the top Engineering Institutes and to establish itself as a Deemed University
We will achieve this by:
- Well qualified, dedicated and committed associates.
- Best institute interaction with industry and alumni.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities.
- Quality placements for our students.
JEC gives students a unique learning experience that results in enhancement of capabilities of the individual with values and social responsiveness.
The learning process is an output of
- Classroom teaching with latest technology
- Practical & laboratory based classes
- In house skill development programs
- Industry relevant seminars and workshops
- Project based learning
- Continuous evaluation of students and feedback to parents
- Personal Mentoring system for all students
Come and have a dynamic experience that enriches education with multi-dimensional skill development. Be a promising and thoughtful Engineer.
The Institution offers 2 entry schemes for the students. Eligibility criterion for a candidate who is seeking admission in B Tech. course is:
- In First Year
Admission is purely based on AICTE norms. The Institute recognizes scores of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main) and Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test (RPET). The pre-requisite is minimum 45% marks as aggregate in class XII in Physics, Mathematics (compulsory) and Chemistry/Computer science/Bio-tech/Biology from any recognized Board or equivalent.
- Lateral entry in Second Year (Direct Admission)
Diploma holders can take admission in the second year as per government norms. The Government admission coordination committee will fill up these seats through centralized counseling after receiving applications. 20% seats in addition to the total intake are available in each discipline. The pre-requisite is minimum 45% aggregate marks in the respective branch from any recognized institute.
Documents required at the time of admission:
Following original documents are required at the time of admission:
- Certificate / Mark sheet of High School / Secondary bearing Date of Birth of the candidate.
- Mark sheet of 10+2 Examination, as a proof of having passed the qualifying examination.
- Relevant Caste Certificate.
- Relevant Domicile Certificate.
- Allotment letter.
- Family income proof (for TFWS candidates only)
Fees are applicable for all students as per rules of Government of Rajasthan/ Rajasthan Technical University, Kota. Mode of payments can be cash or Demand Drafts.
TUITION FEE WAIVER SCHEME
JEC has adopted a Tuition Fees Waiver Scheme (TFWS) of AICTE. Under this scheme, 100% tuition fee of meritorious students of each branch from economically weak category is waivered off for all the four years. Number of benefitted students may go up to 5% of total intake.
Engineering is incomplete without DOING what is being taught in the classrooms. Our well-equipped laboratory sessions enable each student to write codes, mend wires, work with machines, impose designs and do experiment with the theoretical concepts. JEC has some of the finest workshops for Mechanical, Electronics and Communication, Civil and Electrical Engineering. The Computer Science and Information Technology labs are provided with latest software for students. Labs help students learn and develop a healthy thought process.
Equipped with high-tech computer technology our Net Lab has a collection of core processors with latest software and high speed internet access. There are experts around for any kind of assistance. These integrated connectivity systems help students to stay connected with the buoyant world of internet.
"A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library." The vast reservoir of knowledge at JEC Library is a source of constant value addition for the knowledge seekers. This quiet and well-furnished space is the preferred destination for the faculty and students alike. JEC library has a rich collection of books and journals that serve as the mental stimuli and offers the latest study material on technological upgradations. It has a collection of:
- More than 3720 titles and 22,252 books on Engineering, Science, Management and Humanities.
- Subscription of on-line journals namely ASTM Digital Library, J-GATE, ASCE, IEEE, Springer, WILEY and Elsevier covering diverse aspects of Engineering.
- A wide collection of 23 International, 23 National print Journals, CD's, back-volumes, e-books and access to on-line McGraw Hill Books.
- Text books and study material for students of all semesters under Book Bank scheme.
- Library access to students after college hours.
Students must get to interact with the outer world. JEC houses a spacious auditorium with good seating and air conditioning. Our auditorium has witnessed a large number of International and National Conferences, Cultural events and Technical Workshops hosted by JEC Group.
There are seminar halls for each department as well. Departments use them for Guest Lectures, Inter-Department Events, and Presentations etc. to take students beyond curriculum and keep the spirit of learning alive.
JEC has separate hostels for boys and girls with a capacity of 600+ students. Meals are served every day in hostel messes with a variety of meals to cater to the multi-ethnic tastes of the students and faculties hailing from different regions. Proximity to shopping areas, banking and medical facilities makes living convenient and comfortable for boarding students. A well-equipped gymnasium is accessible too. All hostel activities are carried out under the supervision of Hostel Wardens who are present 24X7 to look after the students, thus making JEC hostels a safe and comfortable zone for living.
After a long hectic day schedule, cafeteria can be the best place to shed all your worries off with a cup of hot coffee. Clean and spacious cafe with a mouth-watering menu is open throughout the day for breakfast, lunch and snacks. It has a seating capacity of around 100 students. The vibrant atmosphere allows students to unwind themselves they enjoy lighter moments with juniors, seniors as well as peers and build warm, healthy relationships.
JEC runs a large fleet of buses with well-planned diverse routes. They connect various convenient locations spread across the city to the college. The buses are well maintained and are driven by experienced drivers, who care for safety and comfort of the staff and students as well.
Along with the essential infrastructure the campus also offers:
- Departmental Store
- Medical facility
- Power Back up
FEW RECRUITERS OF JEC GROUP OF COLLEGES