Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi was established in 1920 at Aligarh in United Provinces, India. It became a central university by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means University and Millia means National. It offers integrated education from nursery to research in specialized areas and is a saga of dedication, conviction and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step. In 1962, the University Grants Commission declared the Jamia a ‘deemed to be University’.
The Jamia has a number of centres of learning and research, like AJK-Mass Communication Research Centre (MCRC), Academy of International Studies etc. The Jamia is also marching ahead in the field of Information Technology (IT). It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate IT courses. Apart from this, the Jamia has a campus wide network which connects a large number of its departments and offices.
Facilities at Jamia Milia Islamia University -
- Computer Lab
Faculties of Jamia Milia Islamia University -
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities and Languages
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Jamia Milia Islamia University Entrance Exams -
- UGC NET is an entrance exam accepted by Jamia Milia Islamia University to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.
- JMI EEE (Jamia Milia Islamia Engineering Entrance) is an entrance exam conducted by Jamia Milia Islamia University for admission into various engineering programs.
Placement at Jamia Milia Islamia University -
The placement department is headed by training and placement officer Rihan Khan Suri. The active placement cell which liaisons with the related industry and ensures interview and placement of students. It holds regular workshops on personality development resume writing and associated skill development activities. Soft skill development and entrepreneur workshops are also held regularly.
Top Recruiters -
- Bharti Telesoft
|Name||:||Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi|
|Location||:||Jamia Millia Islamia
|Contact No||:||011-26981717, 26984617, 26984658|
|Contact Email||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|