Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi was established in 1969. It is one of the most prestigious universities across the country. JNU is basically a research oriented university. Instead of colleges, JNU offers undergraduate, postgraduate, MPhil and research courses through various schools and centres of the university, which makes JNU different from other universities in the country. It is identified and is concentrating upon some major academic programs, which are of relevance to national progress and development.
Several Centres in Schools have been declared by the UGC to be Centres of 'Excellence'. These are Centre for Historical Studies, Centre for the Study of Social Systems, Centre for Political Studies, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Centre for the Study of Regional Development, all in the School of Social Sciences. In addition three Science Schools--School of Physical Sciences, School of Life Sciences and School of Environmental Sciences have also received the UGC recognition as Centers for Excellence.
Campus of Jawaharlal Nehru University –
The University is located on a campus that is spread over approximately 1000 acres of land on the Aravali range in New Delhi, which has now been turned into a green and open area though many academic buildings, hostels, and residences for faculty and staff have come up during the last forty years.
Facilities at Jawaharlal Nehru University -
- Computer Lab
- Sports Facilities
- Medical Facilities
- Guest Houses
- Disability Services
- Convention Center
Schools/ Centre at Jawaharlal Nehru University -
- School of Arts & Aesthetics
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
- School of Computer and Systems Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of International Studies
- School of Language Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
- Special Centre for Molecular Medicine
- Special Centre for Nanoscience
- Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies
International Collaboration at Jawaharlal Nehru University –
JNU actively collaborates with many foreign Universities/Institutions and has established academic linkages with forty seven countries. Many other proposals are under active consideration.
Entrance Exams at Jawaharlal Nehru University –
Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam (JNU EEE) 2013 is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi for candidates who wish to take admission to various full time Engineering course.JNU also conducts an Entrance Test for admission to various full-time and part time programs of study for M. Phil, Pre-Ph.D/Ph.D and PG.
Scholarships/Fellowships of Jawaharlal Nehru University –
JNU offers several Scholarships and fellowships to Indian students. Some of fellowships offered at the University are:
- UGC-CSIR Junior Research Fellowships
- UGC-Scholarships and Fellowships
- State Government Fellowships
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships
- Ford Foundation Scholarships
|Name||:||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Location||:||Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Mehrauli Road
|Contact No||:||011-26704054, 26741236|