Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries University (KVAFSU), Bidar was established in 2004, as per the Karnataka Act No. 9 and published in the Karnataka Gazette Extra-Ordinary on 2004. The University was established exclusively for the development of education and learning; conduct of research and extension education and transfer the rural oriented technologies in the areas of Veterinary, Animal, Dairy and Fisheries Sciences in Karnataka.
KVAFSU is an autonomous academic institution governed by its board of Management which regulates polices of the university in accordance with the provision of act and statues. The University administration also has the support of the finance committee. Academic matters are looked after by the board of studies of faculties and the academic council, while research council and extension education council decide the research and extension activities of the University, respectively.
Campus of Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries University –
The University head quarters are located at Nandinagar Campus, Bidar, the northern most district of the state.
Colleges at Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries University –
- Institute for Animal Health & veterinary Biological Bangalore
- Livestock Research and Information Centre (Deoni), Bidar
- Marine Fisheries Research and Information Centre (MFRIC), Ankola, Uttar Kannada
- Fisheries Research and Information Center (Inland) Hebbal, Bangalore
- Fisheries Research and Information Centre (Inland), Hesaraghatta, Bangalore
- Livestock Research and Information Centre Nagamangala
- Institute of Wildlife Veterinary Research Kodagu
- Livestock Research and Information Centre, Konehalli, Tumkur
|Name||:||Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries University, Bidar|