Khalsa College for Women, Amritsar was established in 1968 as one of the leading women institutions of Punjab. It is accredited by NAAC. This college is a premier institute, a gateway to academic and professional excellence having the proud privilege of working under the auspices of Khalsa College Governing Council, Amritsar. The institution made its mark and turned over a new leaf with the declaration of Results by NAAC on March 8, 2009. Out of 52 colleges and universities assessed by the council till then, only four bagged 'A' grade and Khalsa College For Women won its laurels by getting the highest grade point.
The sapling of Khalsa College for Women was implanted on July 15, 1968 and a residential block known as Sehaj Dhari hostel was converted into Khalsa College for Women. This basic structure was constructed by Sahib Bahadur Raja Harinder Singh of Faridkot in 1930. Sardar Bahadur S. Ujjal Singh, President of Khalsa College Governing Council and Governor of Madras, formally inaugurated the college on October 5, 1968. Started with an inception of small number of students, now the bud has bloomed into a full-fledged institution.
Campus of Khalsa College for Women -
Khalsa College for Women is situated on National Highway (G.T.Road), Amritsar.
Facilities at Khalsa College for Women -
- Class Rooms
- Placement cell
- Computer Lab
Placement Cell at Khalsa College for Women -
The college placement cell remains on its toes trying to organizes campus interviews, workshops, lectures, seminars and counseling sessions for, job aspirants. Many leading companies were invited to the college in connection with placement opportunities for their students.
Top Recruiters -
- IBM - Daksh
- Aspire Group
- Job Sagar
- Reliance Project
- HDFC Standard Life Insurance
|Name||:||Khalsa College for Women, Amritsar|
|Location||:||National Highway (G.T. Road)