Krishnagar Government College, Krishnagar was established in 1846. The college is affiliated to University of Kalyani and accredited by NAAC. The college object is to provide modern and liberal education to the people of Nadia and its adjoining areas. The college has carved out a glowing history in the twin realms of education and culture in West Bengal and indeed in the whole of India.
In addition to the offering honors and general courses in several subjects at the undergraduate level, post graduate courses are offered in philosophy and geography. The college has gained a place of prominence in the education scenario of the districts of Nadia and is an ideal centre for rewarding academic pursuits. In 1908, after the reorganization of Calcutta University, the school was permanently separates from the college, and the M.A and B.L courses were abolished
Campus of Krishnagar Government College -
The majestic new building of the college was erected at a cost of Rs. 66,876.00. The college is spreaded over a hundred bighas of land on which the huge main building of the college was built.
Facilities at Krishnagar Government College -
Career Counseling Centre at Krishnagar Government College -
Through the career counseling centre of the college, attempts are made to create opportunities for the students to enter into various professions. Students are regularly advised on the eligibility criteria for various kinds of jobs, and on the various job oriented courses they may opt for.