Lowry Adventist College
Year Founded: 1915
Affiliation: Bangalore University
Contact No: 080 - 2851-0069, 2851-0625
Location: Opp. K R Puram Rail way Station , Doorvani Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560 016
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Mode: Full Time
About Lowry Adventist CollegeLowry Adventist College, Bangalore began in 1915 when Elder G.G. Lowry established it in Coimbatore. In 1916, the name Higher Secondary School was changed to ‘South India Training School’. In 1921, the school was moved to a rented quarters in Bangalore Cantonment. In 1931, another boarding school was started at Basavanagudi, Bangalore for the benefit of training Kannada speaking people. Due to several reasons it was closed down in 1932 and its student body was invited to become part of South India Training School at Krishnarajapuram.
The South India Training School steadily grew to become Spicer Memorial which is situated in Pune. In 1942, the campus was taken by the Government for military purpose and the school was relocated at Kollegal where it remained until 1945. In the same year, the School had to change its location to Channapatna.In 1946, the School property was relinquished by the Government and the School was moved for the last time to this location. It was named after Dr G.G. Lowry to honour the memory of this noted educationist and social worker of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Southern Asia Division.
Still enriched and nurtured by a century old heritage, the School metamorphosed into a Teachers’ Training Institute in 1972, a Junior College in the year 1977 and in 1998 to a Degree College of Undergraduate Studies affiliated to the University of Bangalore and in 2006 started the College of Nursing which is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore.
Other courses in same category
Related Question and Answer
Other Course Providers