Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram was established in 1963 by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It is affiliated to the University of Kerala and is a recognized research centre of the university. The centre prepares students for research programs in social sciences and takes up sponsored research projects. A full-fledged extension services LES, is unique feature of the college. The LES acts as the social lab of the college. Loyola strives to reach the benefits of higher education to the people, especially the marginalized.
Why Choose Loyola College of Social Sciences?
- Every month, one person who has excelled in his/her area of profession is invited to meet the students and interact with them.
- A series of meetings are planned in the college where the alumni will interact with the students and share their experiences.
- A moderate sum is available every year for deserving candidates.
- College is concerned about the career prospects of the youngsters and accordingly, organizes programs for the benefit of the students.
Facilities at Loyola College of Social Sciences –
- Audio-Visual Hall
- Transportation Facilities
- Computer Centre
- Health Rooms
Research Center at Loyola College of Social Sciences –
The Loyola research centre (LRC) is directed by the principal of the college. The LRC has three wings academic wing, dealing with the research scholars, a second wing dealing with sponsored research of the college and a third one concerned with the action research projects of the social lab.
Placements at Loyola College of Social Sciences –
A placement cell is working for the benefit of those who complete their courses and help them to find suitable employment. The cell keeps in touch with institutions and the vacancies are brought to the notice of students.
|Name||:||Loyola College of Social Sciences|
|Contact No||:||0471 - 2591018|