About The Institute
MIT School of Telecom Management (MITSOT), an AICTE approved Management institution, is a constituent of MAEER's MIT, which has a legacy of 30 glorious years of excellence in education. Established in the year 2007,MITSOT has proven to be a leading institution & premier place of learning in the country and attracts the best & brightest students. MITSOT, strives to build premium quality manpower with Techno-managerial skills, to act as 'Business Leaders' & 'Change Managers', in the various fields. MITSOT, being backed, guided & supported by the industry academically, blends the best of the Technical & Managerial skills in its curriculum design & course delivery mechanism, to mould students into the most sought after & highly valued breed of future managers, professionals and entrepreneurs.
Why The Institute?
Constituent of Prestigious MIT Group of Institutions, with 30 years of academic excellence in imparting professional education, MIT is a multi - disciplinary and multi - campus Organization.
MITSOT has signed a Memorandum of Agreement with University of Dundee, UK, for a twinning program offering faculty and student exchange.
International mentors from National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Management University (SMU), Kellogg School of Business, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, and University of Dundee.
A Unique Pedagogy - MITSOT is a catalyst for change in the tertiary education landscape and is the pioneer in interactive pedagogical learning that has gained wide acceptance by students, parents and employers.
Interactive & Innovative Curriculum - our curriculum equips the students with a total skill-set comprising core knowledge-based skills i.e. - analytical thinking and problem solving skills - and people oriented skills i.e. - communication and presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
Accolades - MITSOT has bagged the following awards for its quality education.
- Best Telecom Management Institute in West India by Brands Academy 2011
- Best Educational Institute in Telecom by World Education Congress
- B-School with Excellent Industry Interface by World Education Congress
- SAARC award for Best CISCO Local Academy
- Business School Leadership Award to Dr. Milind Pande, Project Director
- Business School with Best Industry Interface by Dewang Mehta Business School Awards
- National Award “Education Development in Rural India of the Year 2011-12 by CONCERN 2012
- Best Telecom Management Institute in West India by Brands Academy 2012
Industry Interface - MITSOT has got a symbiotic relationship. With its strong industry collaborations MITSOT provides a healthy platform to its students which gives a competitive edge over others.
Our integrated service combines the information provision skills of library staff with the technical expertise of IT staff. The result is that MITSOT is one of the leading institutions in the use of communications and information technologies (C&IT) in the support of teaching and learning, with access to electronic and other information resources central to every course in the institution
Information Resources - Library
Our library provides a mix of learning environments to meet different student needs, be it a quiet, individual study space or a group study room equipped with a plasma screen for team working, discussion or practicing a presentation. The study spaces have networked PCs to provide the flexibility to work online alongside traditional print resources and our wireless network gives students the option of using their own laptop.
The library is well stocked with over 2597 books, 3810 volumes, 48 National and International Journals, but our extensive range of online resources extends the library beyond the campus. Online access to a range of information, including more than 3000 electronic journals, more than 1000 e-books, about 700 CD rooms- is available to all our students whether they are on or off campus.
We recognise the importance of providing our students with the type of networked computing environment they can expect to work in after Post Graduating. An ongoing programme of continual improvement ensures that both hardware and software are industry standards, providing our students with one of the best common IT platforms. Although we have a well equipped computer lab with 70 work stations, we have 30 work stations in library and reading room exclusively for students. We also appreciate that students increasingly need access to networked information resources anytime and from anywhere. MITSOT's knowledge Portal - Vishwabrihaspati (the virtual classroom)- provides students with integrated and secure access, both on and offcampus, to coursework, electronic teaching and learning materials viz. Video lectures, Audio feeds, Mind maps, exam results, timetables and a plethora of other information, systems and services, much of which is personalised. Our wireless network is available throughout the campus enabling mobile access to resources or from a personal laptop.
"MITSOT students stand out for their academic excellence. They come from throughout the states of India, representing demographic, economic and cultural diversity. Students are admitted on the merit basis and MITSOT ensures that once here, students discover that exploration, challenge and curiosity are limited only by their desires."
- A bachelor's or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% passing marks from a University recognized by University Grants Commission, Govt. of India.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply, such students after selection will be given provisional admission.
To apply for admission into MITSOT the candidate is required to fill online application form
The selection of an applicant for the course is based on the following:
- We accept CAT / XAT / MAT / GMAT / MAH-CET scores.
- However, the XAT / MAT/ GMAT and MAH-CET scores will be equalized and validated to the CAT score value and that will only be counted for the purpose of merit list.
- We do not believe in any cut-off points for the entrance examination, while making the merit list.
Essay Writing and Situation Reaction Test (SRT) are Integral part of Admission Process
- Written Communication Skill being an important aspect, the applicants will be required to appear for an essay writing exercise on a subject and a Situation Reaction Test which will be given on the spot at the selection centers.
- The topics will be general in nature and anyone who follows the National Newspapers can easily appear for the same and score good marks.
Group Discussion and Personal Interview:
- Applicants would have to appear for a round of Group Discussion. This may include role play, case studies and extempore speech and GD. Therefore the GD process may extend to the second day although all efforts will be made to complete the process in one day. This is not an elimination round.
- This expert panel will assess the candidates on various parameters including the suitability of the candidate for a particular specialization. The panel will also give opportunity to the applicants to add or delete course options.
Candidates would have to undergo three rounds of Interviews:
- PI Round 1 - Domain Specific
- PI Round 2 - General Orientation
- PI Round 3 - Placement Orientation
Following original documents will be required at the time of GD & PI along with a set of attested photo copies.
- Degree & educational certificate(s) / mark lists
- Honor / merit certificates (if any)
- 2 passport size colored photographs.
- Experience Letter (If any)
International Academic Tie-up Twinning Program
In the quest of achieving international standards in academics, MITSOT has partnered with several international universities to provide study abroad opportunities to our students. MITSOT has signed a Memorandum of Agreement with The School of Business, University of Dundee UK for a twinning program offering M.Sc. in International Business and Finance.
Memorandum of Articulation for academic exchange process is on with University of Abertay Dundee, UK and University of Coventry UK under this agreement Faculty and Students from MITSOT will have the opportunity to be a part of the exchange program to become global learners.
Industry Academia Tie-UP
MCTM Motorola Certified Network Engineer is an unbiased and professional certificate programme aimed at the public knowledge sharing market and which leverages upon Motorola's decades of experience in wireless communication technology.
CISCO Local Academy Agreement Received Best Local Academy Award in CISCO - SAARC Conference at Bengaluru in June 2008 CISCO Certified Network Associate ICCNA). Program contains CCNAExploration Version 4.0.
ORACLE Work Force Development Program Academic tie-up with Oracle University Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) Program.
IBM has setup "Centre of Excellence" and Business Transformation Program on MITSOT Campus.
Siemens has setup "Unified Communication Lab" for research in Communication Business.
At MITSOT, Placement time is not a mere annual ritual; it is a time for showcasing the very best in our young managers to the industrial world. The T&P Cell functions with the primary aim of placing students in top-notch companies even before they have completed their courses. Campus Placement is an integral part of this institute.
Having an exposure to a good work culture in the beginning of their professional life, guarantees success in all their endeavors. We have seen over the years that the students trained in this institute are very well prepared to handle responsibilities and work with the adverse situations in the industry. This belief works as a driving force for us to try and ensure that our students get a jump start in their career.At MITSOT, we always believe in equipping our students with the right talent and personality to face the industry requirements.
For the last 4 years, the department has maintained symbiotic, vibrant and purposeful relationship with Industries across the country and as a result, has built up an impressive placement record both in terms of percentage of registered students placed, as well as the number of companies visiting the campus. Despite the global economic slowdown, MITSOT achieved nearly 100% placements for batch of 2009-2011.
Placements at MITSOT reiterated the confidence of the Industry in the competence and capability of the students. With added emphasis on inputs from Corporates in the course curriculum, the confidence shown by the Industry just renewed our resolve to manifest our abilities.
- Aerostar Aviation
- Aircel Ltd
- Bharti Axa Life Insurance
- Bombay Stock Exchange
- Bureau of Veritas
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Enhanced Software Soultions
- Fedders Lloyd
- Future Generali India
- Futurism Technologies
- Galleghar Offshore
- Glaxo India
- Grainger Industrial Pvt Ltd
- Grasim Industries Ltd
- GTL Energy & Automation
- GTL Infrastructure
- HDFC Bank
- HDFC Life Insurance
- Hero Honda
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- Reliance Money
- Sai Infosystems Pvt Ltd
- Shriram General Insurance
- Speak Wireless
- Tata Tele Services
- Tesscorn Systems
- Tikona Digital Networks
- Trent Ltd. (Westside)
- Unity Telecom Infra Ltd
- And MORE......
|Name||:||MIT School of Telecom Management , Pune|
|Location||:||S2-14B, MIT Campus, S.No 124
Paud Road, Kothrud
|Contact No||:||020-25452585 Mb: 098508 11405 / +919850065924|
|Contact Email||:||firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com|