Maastricht University (UM) was established in 2010 as the Green Office Maastricht to raise more awareness for sustainability in the Maastricht University community, but also to implement sustainability within the daily routine. Maastricht University is a Dutch University with a strong European and international outlook. It has a reputation for academic excellence in teaching and research and offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Maastricht University, the most international university in the Netherlands, stands out for its innovative approach to learning and international outlook. With almost 16,000 students and 4,000 staff, UM offers a wide choice of academic programs, all of which are designed to bring out the best in its students.
Maastricht University is an internationally-oriented university and presents itself as follows: Based in Europe, focused on the world. Maastricht University is a stimulating environment, where research and teaching are complementary, where innovation is the focus, where talent flourish and is truly student oriented Research University.
Campus of Maastricht University –
The Maastricht University has two campuses namely:
- Chemelot Campus: in Sittard-Geleen, an open innovation campus specializing in chemistry and materials
- Maastricht Health Campus: in Maastricht-Randwyck, focusing on health and wellbeing. Brains Unlimited is one of the first concrete projects on this campus.
Why Choose Maastricht University?
- At Maastricht University the research is integrated into every level of education.
- Students can take part in research-based learning, a project initially piloted by University College Maastricht.
- Students are taught through the widespread use of Problem-Based Learning (PBL), in which small groups of students analyze real-world problems, conduct independent research and then share their findings.
- Maastricht University was the first university in the Netherlands with a truly international orientation.
- The faculty, school and institute has extensive international partnership networks and the university encourages international research collaborations.
- Students and researchers have many opportunities to study and work abroad and the graduates are eagerly sought in the international labor market and research community.
Facilities at Maastricht University –
- Wi-Fi Facilities
- Language Centre
- Research Centre
Faculties at Maastricht University –
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities and Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience