Madras Flying Club, Chennai was established in 1929. Mr.G. Vlasto, a pilot himself, desirous of developing air mindedness in this part of the country issued a circular calling for a meeting for the purpose of establishing a Flying Club in Madras. The meeting took place in 1929 at the Madras Guards Institute on the poonamalle High Road, Mr Chitty presided, W/Cdr. A. Cooper, the secretary of the Aero club of India , addressed the large gathering present on the formation of a new flying club at Madras. He emphasized that the Director of Civil Aviation had decided to grant financial and other help by april 1930 if a club were to be formed here. The Govt of India pleased to grant the subsidy in 1930, and they went ahead with the program for the commencement of operation as soon as the Pilot Instructor arrived in India.
The office and training centre is spread over an area of 10000 sq ft inside the Chennai International airport. At the training centre they develop and manage the training process of our students to ensure the best quality training available in the country. At this facility they have an aptitude and skills assessment centre equipped with the most modern assessment tools where they assess the aptitude of aspiring pilots before they set out to invest in their career. They have at present two ergonomically designed classrooms with modern training tools. Training is conducted in a very structured manner with over 350 hours of instruction.
|Name||:||Madras Flying Club|
|Location||:||Civil Aerodrome, Chennai Airport
|Contact No||:||044-22561709, 22560436|