Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai established in 1835 as a medical school and it was opened by Sir Fredrick Adams. The Governor promulgated an order to make the school a state sponsored one and attached it to the General Hospital. In 1850 it became Madras Medical College. The first batch of students graduated in 1852 and was granted the Diploma of Graduate of the Madras. In 1857, it gained affiliation to the University of Madras. The courses offered by the Madras Medical College are affiliated from 1988 to the “The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University”.
The College has nine affiliated institutions with hospitals, each one of them recognized for excellence in Health care services. MMC stands with pride for having produced Doyens in the field of Medicine and forget not that you have become a part of this great institution now.
Facilities at Madras Medical College -
Wi-Fi Enabled Lecture Halls
Sports and Games
Associated Institutions at Madras Medical College -
Institute of Child Health and Hospital for Children
Institute of Obstetrics Gynacology and Govt. Hospital for Women and Children
Institute of Social Obstetrics and Govt. Kasturba Gandhi Hospital for Women and Children
Regional Institute of Ophthalmology and Govt. Ophthalmic Hospital
The increased global exposure and join collaborations have been the major thing for Indian educational institutions in the past couple of years. In the same trend, it has been reported that Madras Medical College (MMC) will soon enter into collaboration with the UK's University of Hull York ....
Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai established in 1835 as a medical school and it was opened by Sir Fredrick Adams. The Governor promulgated an order to make the school a state sponsored one and attached it to the general hospital. In 1850 it became Madras Medical College. The first batch...
Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai was established as a school in 1835. In the early part of 1850 the school council submitted proposals to the government to accord the status of a college. The government granted this request and from 1st October 1850 it became Madras Medical...
* This information has been collected from
or by contacting the institute on phone. Trade Marks belong to the respective owners. If you are an official representative of the institute and wish to modify this information, please write to us at email@example.com The listing was last modified on 07/12/2013