Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai established in 1835 as a medical school and it was opened by Sir Fredrick Adams. The Governor promulgated an order to make the school a state sponsored one and attached it to the General Hospital. In 1850 it became Madras Medical College. The first batch of students graduated in 1852 and was granted the Diploma of Graduate of the Madras. In 1857, it gained affiliation to the University of Madras. The courses offered by the Madras Medical College are affiliated from 1988 to the “The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University”.
The College has nine affiliated institutions with hospitals, each one of them recognized for excellence in Health care services. MMC stands with pride for having produced Doyens in the field of Medicine and forget not that you have become a part of this great institution now.
Facilities at Madras Medical College -
- Wi-Fi Enabled Lecture Halls
- Sports and Games
Associated Institutions at Madras Medical College -
- Institute of Child Health and Hospital for Children
- Institute of Obstetrics Gynacology and Govt. Hospital for Women and Children
- Institute of Social Obstetrics and Govt. Kasturba Gandhi Hospital for Women and Children
- Regional Institute of Ophthalmology and Govt. Ophthalmic Hospital
- Institute of Mental Health
- Institute of Thoracic Medicine, Chetpet
- Govt. Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Govt. Peripheral Hospital, Periyar Nagar
|Name||:||Madras Medical College|
|Location||:||E.V.R Periyar Salai
|Contact No||:||044-2530 5000|