Madurai Institute of Social Sciences (MISS), Madurai was established in 1969. The institute is a Multi faculty research centre affiliated to the Madurai Kamaraj University. The college is first of its kind in South India offering courses related to profesional social work, Human Resources Management. The onset of computer and Informationa technology further directed the college to infuse the ICT components in the educational stream which formed a base for the inauguration of Computer related courses both in Masters and Under graduate level.
The growth of the institute was further patronaged by renowned stalwarts like Sir.P.T.Rajan, MBS Henry, Dr.T.P. Meenakshi Sundranar. The institute was started with one department and four students in a small rented building has grown like a banyan tree and give shade to 434 students in three PG and three UG, M.Phil and Ph.D and few diploma courses to day.
Aims and Objectives :-
- To provide students who desire to work either in public or private agencies scientific knowledge, professional philosophy and practical skills and develop professional attitudes in them to be of model practitioner of their profession.
- To develop a specialist orientation in the social work curriculum and help students gain a through knowledge and under-standing of social work intervention skills in various fields of social work, namely personal management and Industrial Relations, Communication Development and Psychiatric Social Work and Family & welfare.
- To prepare social work manpower to deal with specific problems/issues in the society particularly in relation to local and regional concerns relating to women, children, weaker sections, youth and train them to be engaged in effective delivery of services to the community and change agent functions.
- To develop sensitivity to the needs of the individuals in the society for a deep and abiding commitment to democratic values, social justice and equality and a concern for the poor in the capacity of professional social work in enhancing social development.
- To stimulate an interest in social work research on the students to carry on social investigations and to evaluate and interpret their findings.
- To obtain the changing knowledge and skill base of the information technology and computer so that the update knowledge will help the students to use them in the field soon after the training.
- To encourage innovative experiments especially in areas. a) Syllabus b) Classroom instructions, c) Social Work practicum d) Computer software e) Evaluation f) Research and g) Extension services. To make efforts to indigenous social work on scientific bases.
- To promote academic excellence and provide opportunities for the develop intellectually morally and socially into responsible of the country.
- Computer Center
- Seminar Hall
|Name||:||Madurai Institute of Social Sciences|
|Location||:||No 9, Alagar Koil Road
|Contact No||:||0452-2537997, 2537142|
Thank you for your Interest!
[Please fill the below details to get in touch with institute]