Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University (MASFU), Nagpur was established in 2000. The University has been carved out of the four Agriculture Universities in the state by transferring five veterinary colleges, one post graduate institute of veterinary & animal sciences and one dairy technology college. The university is to ensure enlightenment and empowerment of students by imparting advanced knowledge in the fields of animal, dairy and fishery sciences by adopting innovative, efficient and effective strategies.
They strive for creating rural employment, economic prosperity and well-being of the resource-poor farming community in the state through viable and vibrant research and impact making extension education services and growth oriented and faculty - friendly practices and contribute to public health research and practices with an ultimate aim to enrich human nutrition and welfare.
Why Choose Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University?
- The dairy technology faculty of the university has a modest research program.
- The constituent veterinary colleges of the university have strong research programs in the discipline of animal nutrition.
- The university has been actively engaged in research related to livestock product technology
- The university has been active in area of animal reproduction
- The university has carried out studies on pharmacokinetic of various drugs in domestic animals
Facilities at Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University –
Faculties at Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University –
- Faculty of Fishery
- Faculty of Dairy Technology
|Name||:||Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University|
|Location||:||Near Hanuman Temple, Futala Road
|Contact No||:||0712 - 2511784|